Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after searching high and low for a pre-filter for my open S&S intake, I am finally getting a custom one made with the waterproof skin. Outerwears is gonna step up and make one for me. Sooo if anyone is interested in this idea let me know and I'll see what I can do for pricing as I told them they would get more orders once they are made up. Cost I was told is $22 plus I'm so far paying the extra for them to do a one off. Let me know if anyone is interested....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What? Nobody interested in not soaking there S&S filter while riding in the rain? Fairly cheap insurance plus they keep your filter cleaner longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is the 03-05' S&S the same size/shape. If so, I might be interested if the price is right.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your filter is definitely not the same shape but it may still work. Next time you have your tank off measure the circumference with a soft tape or string and post it up here...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've already done the foot work for the 106 models...
Ok, I'll measure the circumference when the tank is run down towards empty. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since not one person was interested in this water resistant prefilter I thought I'd post some pics of the one off that I had made. Fits like a glove just a little wrinkled from being in the package...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have thought about pulling the tank to measure my intake, but haven't had a need yet. How much for the one off? I'm still interested.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oops here's the pics
Do you have any information of whether it obstructs air flow and if so how much? I expect it is perforated to allow air in but I can make out the material it is made from and my question would also be will if fit an S&S air box for an 06? Thanks for sharing the info on this product.cheers

·
Registered
976 Posts
Great idea!

·
13,254 Posts
You might even pick up a little power cause there is not as much turbulence with the rain sock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts