Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be installing this soon on my Highball. Is there anyway to do it without destroying the factory air cleaner? Any tips for the install?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah you do it without cutting the airbox, just have to pull the motor out. Easier to cut the stock airbox thumb up

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
You have to cut I removed mine with one cut in the middle, the back pulled up and out under the gas tank and the front pushed back and came out of the side.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I used the cable saw , 3 cuts and it comes right out . You will NEVER use it again anyway , and no one will ever buy it from you . Start cutting !thumb up

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
just to be different I used tin snips and a Stanley knife.

oh and plan on a fuel controller as soon as she's breathing.....cos it pulls in LOTS more air than stock!
after a plug chop the bottom ring of my plug was blued from heat!

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I used the cable saw , 3 cuts and it comes right out . You will NEVER use it again anyway , and no one will ever buy it from you . Start cutting !thumb up
Except the tubes inside of it take them out and sell them to someone making their own torque tube set up.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Yep, but a new air box with the tubes is only $35 from Victory. That's what I'm using to make my own.
Ebay special with free shipping deal of the century, my torque tubes are by far the best bang for the buck I've ever done.

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
Ebay special with free shipping deal of the century, my torque tubes are by far the best bang for the buck I've ever done.
Keeping it simple,
Simply the best!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed the S&S airbox on my Vegas this summer. I used a sharp knife to cut a long the seam (horizontal) and then used the knife to pry it apart. The airbox cut much easier than I thought. The plastic is not very thick and felt like cutting through leather.

Just be super careful to not cut all the wires around the area. I think cutting the airbox out took as much time as the installation since I went super slow.

Might as well do some cleaning since you are taking the tank off anyways.

You will love how much air that S&S sucks in. I noticed a performance difference within minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts