Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i've used s100 on my old bike and worked like a charm. I bought some to do my pin. But they didnt have the aerosol can so I had to get the spray bottle. I washed the bike with it, sadly now I have some parts of the bike removed of the shine. 1 fork lower is dull, my license plate holder my shock. Never ran across this before.
Has anyone else?

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Nope, never had a problem with S100 and I have been using it for decades. I've learned I can cut it 1/3 with water and it works just as well, and requires a bit less rinsing action and it does require a lot of rinsing.
IMO, there's no cleaner that does it better and my suggestions for using S100 are as follow....
+ Only use it on a cool bike in shade.
+ Only use it on wheels, engine and running gear.
+ Leave it on for no more than 5 minutes.
+ Never use it on the topside, you'll drown the electrics with all the rinsing.
+ Rinse it off with the faucet on full and a nozzle that produces a thin, sharp stream.
+ Rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse some more.
I think your problem may lie in the last two items. Am I right?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Nope, never had a problem with S100 and I have been using it for decades. I've learned I can cut it 1/3 with water and it works just as well, and requires a bit less rinsing action and it does require a lot of rinsing.
IMO, there's no cleaner that does it better and my suggestions for using S100 are as follow....
+ Only use it on a cool bike in shade.
+ Only use it on wheels, engine and running gear.
+ Leave it on for no more than 5 minutes.
+ Never use it on the topside, you'll drown the electrics with all the rinsing.
+ Rinse it off with the faucet on full and a nozzle that produces a thin, sharp stream.
+ Rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse some more.

I think your problem may lie in the last two items. Am I right?
Just so you didn't miss it, Rinsing is the Key Word Here.. :)
Been using it a lot of years and found out quick if don't rinse thoroughly can even leave a whitish stain on your black engine ..

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
13,185 Posts
Simple Green is great at half the price. Walmart

Stop by a body shop and see if they can buff out your parts,
Never use any thing on your paint and chrome

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the thing I used this stuff on my royal star. Goregous paint and tons of chrome never had an issue. It's the spray can different than the refillable bottle?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
If Simple Green is better, or as good as S100, how come SG doesn't do the job for me that S100 does? I must be doing something wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts