Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trouble shooting my cruise control issues, I noticed by saddlebag lights are not working with my brake lights, I could have sworn they did when I installed them. They do come on with the lights and the brake light on my tour pack is working (same accessory plug). Can anyone tell me if their sabertooth lights work with the brake lights?

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
While trouble shooting my cruise control issues, I noticed by saddlebag lights are not working with my brake lights, I could have sworn they did when I installed them. They do come on with the lights and the brake light on my tour pack is working (same accessory plug). Can anyone tell me if their sabertooth lights work with the brake lights?
Mine do...but my cruise has gone out
are yours originals or Chinese like mine?
the chinese ones need a plastic peg cut off the joining plug for it to plug in

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine do...but my cruise has gone out
are yours originals or Chinese like mine?
the chinese ones need a plastic peg cut off the joining plug for it to plug in
Apparently mine were the chinese ones also, I had to cut that peg off also. I think the issue with my cruise control is the brake light pressure switch, I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet, but my wife riding behind me says she sees my brake lights flicker occasionally when I hit a bump.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
They should be run and brake lights. Have had mine on for 4 years now with no issues. Were a plug and play setup from Kuryakyn.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In order for them to become run turn brake lights you need a module.

That’s the part I’m trying to figure out, like some said earlier, they worked as brake lights when I first installed them, no module. I think other folks have them installed, working as brake lights with out a module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yup mine go bright on braking 8)

Ride safe,

Rob

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yup mine go bright on braking 8)

Ride safe,

Rob

So I found the issue with mine, the wires from the sabertooth lights were rubbing on the inside of the saddlebag guard mounts, bad wire routing on my part. When I made this post, only one wire was rubbed through, so I had tail lights, but no brake lights, eventually all 3 rubbed through. I got some crimp butt splices and repaired the wiring, brake lights are working again. (no module)

I haven't had a chance to test ride yet, but I think this was the cause of my cruise control issue, also.

·
Registered
602 Posts
good job!!

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Just got my bags off to make changing rear tyre easier , and riding to the tyre shop I tried the cruise control and it works with the bags off so I deduce that the chinese sabretooths are farking with the cruise control....
So unless someone has a remedy I guess I can just unplug the extra lights when on a long freeway trip, the type of riding I try to avoid actually unless I really need to get from A to B in the least possible time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I don't know why it would. The regular saber lights do not. It was my understanding that connections to the trunk accessory plug don't mess with cruise. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I don't know why it would. The regular saber lights do not. It was my understanding that connections to the trunk accessory plug don't mess with cruise. 🤷‍♂️
Well cruise works fine with bags off and chinese sabre-tooths disconnected...
Guess when I reconnect that'll be the moment of truth!

Funny there's a factory sticker says RIDING WITH BAGS REMOVED MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH!!
Riding with them on may cause the same, wonder why...bike goes great with them off...less weight to lug around, don't look as good but!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well cruise works fine with bags off and chinese sabre-tooths disconnected...
Guess when I reconnect that'll be the moment of truth!
I'll try unplugging mine and see what happens. Probably later in the week, it'll be 33 degrees and dropping this evening in Dallas :)

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
ok let us know how you go.
My heat refective tape for under the saddlebags hopefully arrives today and once thats on to try to stop a lot of the heat from my home gutted exhaust cooking the bottom of my bags, well then Ill refit the bags and see the difference.
with cruise issue as well as heat issue.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I noticed the same sticker about not riding with bags. My guess is that it is about not getting stuff caught in the belt.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Im convinced theres a direct link between the cruise not working and the sabretooth lights.
Its a fact that when theyre unplugged at the saddlebag connections the cruise control becomes fully operative.
And when the sabretooths are plugged in the cruise wont work.
Sad...cos itd be nice to have both...at the same time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts