Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,755 Posts
I never knew you could get a diode like that. Cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my bags off to make changing rear tyre easier , and riding to the tyre shop I tried the cruise control and it works with the bags off so I deduce that the chinese sabretooths are farking with the cruise control....
So unless someone has a remedy I guess I can just unplug the extra lights when on a long freeway trip, the type of riding I try to avoid actually unless I really need to get from A to B in the least possible time.
I know this is an old post but wanted to add what I found with the Chinese lights. On my 14 xct, I narrowed it down to the Right bag saber tooth light causing the cruise issues. I even swapped wires from right to left and the same light. It is in the tail light portion of the LED. I pushed the pins for the tail lights out of the connectors and just use the brake light portion. Thats what im wanting anyway is more brake light visibility. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I know this is an old post but wanted to add what I found with the Chinese lights. On my 14 xct, I narrowed it down to the Right bag saber tooth light causing the cruise issues. I even swapped wires from right to left and the same light. It is in the tail light portion of the LED. I pushed the pins for the tail lights out of the connectors and just use the brake light portion. Thats what im wanting anyway is more brake light visibility. Just my 2 cents.
By adding the diode in the brake wire, I was about to keep everything working as is, tail lights and brake lights, and got my cruise control back.

Reactions: Motorbikerx

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts

This is the pic the guy on Facebook sent me, so you can see the diode in the fuse holder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got a doide today, well a pack of four for undervalue dollar actually!
But what a bastard to solder into the brown wire ..was just not working solder wouldn't take to the doide wire.
I rang a mate who installs security and surveillance stuff he works with small wires all the time and helped me wire my updated rectifier a few years ago.
His tip was sand to coating off the diode wires , I did so and the solder took...was still a prick of a job to do with limited light , old eyes and shaky hands.
But I got it! Lights work!
And so does Cruise!!
Woohoo! Thanks guys!!!😀

41 - 44 of 44 Posts