Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike sat for 12 years oil drained gas out of tank bike was running when parked someone worked on it there was a problem between the worker and the owner now bike want start. What should I check for sabotage to make it not start?
I have put in a new battery, plugs, coil packs and fuel pump. Come on folks help I was stuck riding my buell all summer..

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
12 years?!? Wow.
First thing I would do is check for spark. Also make sure the spark wires are going to the proper plugs.
If you have spark then spray a bit of starter fluid into the throttle body and see if it kicks when trying to start, that will tell you that it is a fuel problem.
Can you check the fuel pressure?
How deep did the worker work on the bike? Could he have messed with the timing or anything like that?

·
Registered
574 Posts
12 years?!?! could be a ton of things. if you didn't fog the cylinders they could be stuck from corrosion. battery toast? fuel pump shot. unless you go thru and check all the electrical connections and switches you could have corrosion. you never said what work was being done on the bike when it was parked so at this point, god only knows. without details we can't really help.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,209 Posts
Was it running before you took it into shop?
Not 12 years ago but right before the shop?

If no then you'll spend lots of time going over the entire bike looking for corrosion and other issues.
Not sure why you drained oil and gas the fuel filter probably disintegrated in the tank if it had one and tank will be rusted.

Put it in your living room to admire it as art because that bike might not ride again. Replacement parts will be very hard to find.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You don't mention any prep work except the fuel tank empty so yeah, it could be a few things as already mentioned.

Unless you have an idea of what was being worked on before it was left alone this could be a lengthy process. With the things you've already replaced and if the fuel was simply siphoned or drained out of the tank my first guess would be gummed up injectors. Pull them and see if there's flow.

Go through the basics. Spark, fuel pressure, etc. You might also look around your area for a Vic mechanic to get an experienced evaluation. It may be cheaper to look for another bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts