Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
13,082 Posts
Kevinx just can't make any money like Rylan at The Vic Shop is selling his building and moving to a smaller place. He has one of the best laid out vic shops you could find. Yup polaris shove it up every ones ass with out a kiss :cry::cry:

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The sad truth of it is Victory wasn't officially making bikes very long. From 1999-2017; only 18 years and they didn't sell but a small fraction of the bikes Harley sold in that same time frame. Every week there are fewer Vic's due to accidents or breaking down with the owners unwilling to spend the money to fix them so they get parted out or just stuck somewhere and forgotten.

Shops like The Vic Shop and Southern Motorworx have to diversify like Lloydz and The Witchdoctors did although the latter is more of an accessory parts outlet. They still started selling parts for other makes to stay viable.

Just a sad reality but like lots of folks said; ride 'em till the wheels fall off which could take a lot of years.

I wonder if Las Vegas is taking bets on when Polaris shuts down Indian. Freakin' sad because Victory was shut down to give Indian a better chance to survive. Polaris miscalculated how their reputation would suffer from shutting down Victory; their own creation. SMH.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of the most interesting motorcycles that I rode recently was a 1928 'Scott Squirrel'. A 500cc water cooled 2 stroke. This motorcycle has stood the test of time, simply because there are many clever engineers/mechanics who know how to keep things running long after the factory/parts availability run out. Victory motorcycles are the most underrated motorcycles ever produced in my opinion. They too, will stand the test of time! don't despair, buy your favorite model, hold onto it. Never be concerned about modifications to keep it going! The Scott Squirrel has a Suzuki T350 carburetor installed to replace the tired out original. Who cares? It's better to keep it going than park it up in a garage somewhere.

Attached are pics of my custom (reflects Polaris history) 'Victory Kingpin 2008'....with a lot of life left in it.

Polaris has given us the choice to do whatever we want with our 'Victory'......they made their choice.....

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts