Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ma Vic now sells the piece that get damaged on the right saddlebag latch. The material seems to be the same, but the cost is pretty reasonable P/N 7082111

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
It is supposed to be a recall fix is what dealer told me, but still waiting to hear back from them to know for sure.

·
13,263 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
You don't have to buy it dealers should replace it and adjust everything so it doesn't happen again.

My dealer did it free and was done in under 30 minutes.

No charge as part of the TSB. You just have to ask about it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I'm going to Mom's later today to get a few trinkets and inquire about this in the service dept ... Mine is all worn to hell , haven't had the bike a year yet and I bent the loop for better fitment .

·
Registered
89 Posts
I stopped in my dealer bout 3 weeks ago with a warranty coverage Item and also asked about the latch bulletin. At that time he told Ma Vic hadn't sent anything out about it. He called me last week To let me know my warranty part was ordered and also let me know that the latch bulletin had come out. My new latch is on it's way! Methinks Ma Vic is slowly letting the air out of the latch balloon, so just keep pestering your lol dealers and let them put the pressure on!!

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Mine showed wear in the first 500 miles. I did the washer mod and the wear stopped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone have the TsB number please ? Dealers in the UK are notoriously slow in recalls or even bothering to find out about them.
Does this relate to the bag lids being a loose fit when closed ? I appear to have wear on the U tags the latches lock onto.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree it should have been a recall and repaired for free, but at 27 bucks I'm not gonna sweat it....

·
Registered
399 Posts
I agree it should have been a recall and repaired for free, but at 27 bucks I'm not gonna sweat it....
Dealer did it for free including replacement of the U-bar and adjustment.

Will do any side that shows wear. At least my dealer did. Was really easy to get done.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
So is this a free fix just for those under warranty or does it apply to the rest of us? I have been putting electrical tape on mine to help pad it.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
So is this a free fix just for those under warranty or does it apply to the rest of us? I have been putting electrical tape on mine to help pad it.
No, its a free fix for any bike with the problem(showing latch wear). The kit Vic is replacing the latch with actually uses washers to shim the latch into correct position but they include a much thicker seal gasket to keep the latch water tight. If you shim your latch without the new seal, water could get in. Anyway, my dealer did not have any of the replacement kits on hand(or they would have done the job for me), they mailed me the kit, which I installed myself.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
No, its a free fix for any bike with the problem(showing latch wear).
Let me just say , this is not what my dealer told me today .....I said hey guys I bought my bike here and my right bag latch is disintegrating ... Can someone look at it for me ? "Sure" he said , going to be 50.00 deductible ! I'm like , WTF !!! They don't even know what year my bike is yet ...:mad:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
They also said there is no TSB , RECALL , or any service bulletin issued on the right bag latch and all the hub-bub on the internet is pure hyperbole .... I said I aint paying no 50 fuckin dollars .... The guy says "do you have an extended warranty "? I said yes 5 year and for that matter my bike isn't even a year old yet . My fucking blood was boiling by this point . I wonder if upper management or the owners for that fact have any idea what douche bags they have for service writers . Why don't you run my V.I.N # before you piss me off and have some facts before you tell me I have to shell out 50.00 for NOTHING ! This isn't my first rodeo with these "Tool Bags" either .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I see on PaiN's original bill 27.00 ... But I would have to pay a 50.00 deductible and the loser told me 10 minute install time ! What kind of Shenanigans is this ??? I could just buy the part and put it in myself !

·
Registered
399 Posts
They also said there is no TSB , RECALL , or any service bulletin issued on the right bag latch and all the hub-bub on the internet is pure hyperbole .... I said I aint paying no 50 fuckin dollars .... The guy says "do you have an extended warranty "? I said yes 5 year and for that matter my bike isn't even a year old yet . My fucking blood was boiling by this point . I wonder if upper management or the owners for that fact have any idea what douche bags they have for service writers . Why don't you run my V.I.N # before you piss me off and have some facts before you tell me I have to shell out 50.00 for NOTHING ! This isn't my first rodeo with these "Tool Bags" either .

I can promise you Mesa Victory here in AZ did mine for free including parts and labor and they didn't even argue. I called set a time, showed up and was out the door 30ish minutes later. Didnt cost me a penny.

Hell I bet if you call over to Mesa Chris will give you the TSB number.

Also you need a better dealer.

Reactions: Pjv1k

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I'm under the impression they are going to fix it for me , BUT, only because I'm within the one year warranty .... I think they would TUCK ME hard if otherwise ... Why would they do this to a loyal customer ? Bought the bike there and have spent thousands in accessories , gear and service ? What Gives ...:soapbox:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
pj1vk , this is your dealer too Brother . I love their parts dept. but their service sucks ....:frown

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I see on PaiN's original bill 27.00 ... But I would have to pay a 50.00 deductible and the loser told me 10 minute install time ! What kind of Shenanigans is this ??? I could just buy the part and put it in myself !
What??? I brought the bike to my dealer(Shark Cycle) they took a look at the latch, said that I needed the parts due to ware. Then ordered and shipped them too me free of charge. Shark wanted my old parts back in case Vic asked for them under the warranty. It wasn't out of the goodness of their heart....there is a service bulletin and warrantied repair of the latch(I saw it on the computer) so Mom's is giving you the run around or something.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts