Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have developed a bad rattle in my right side saddle bag door panel. Any fixes besides taking it back to dealer ? Hate sitting around waiting for the to guess how to fix it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Look at the latch and compare it to the left side latch. I have seen some right-side latches develop a wear, and mine has it too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
47 Posts
Another spot to take a look at...

I have noticed a rattle as well from the bags, specifically where the covers rest on the tail portion. The trim next to the tail-lights (black in my case) has a series of raised "bumps" that the lid rests against. Since it is plastic on plastic, it buzzes and vibrates.

I found a sheet of self-adhesive felt at a local fabric and crafts store. Plan on installing it on the bag lid side this weekend to provide a bit of insulation between the two pieces.

/r

Allen

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Oops, I thought this was a thread about our verbose forum friend. I saw the words saddlebag and rattle and naturally thought.....:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another spot to take a look at...

I have noticed a rattle as well from the bags, specifically where the covers rest on the tail portion. The trim next to the tail-lights (black in my case) has a series of raised "bumps" that the lid rests against. Since it is plastic on plastic, it buzzes and vibrates.

I found a sheet of self-adhesive felt at a local fabric and crafts store. Plan on installing it on the bag lid side this weekend to provide a bit of insulation between the two pieces.

/r

Allen
That is where it in rattling at. Reckon I will get something to put on the lid between the tail section and the bag lid.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I originally was looking for some thin rubber with self-adhesive- no joy.

Next I thought about the loop (soft) side of velcro which is how I wound up in the crafts store but it is actually a little thick and I figured the panels wouldn't line up properly.

Will try out the felt but have little doubt it will fix the problem, just wondering how long it will stay stuck in place. For $2 it is perhaps the cheapest mod I've ever done to a bike or car!

/r

Allen

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts