Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new XC this week. When I was checking out the bike I had trouble closing both saddle bag lids. Dealer was standing there and also could not get them to close. He pulled out his set of allen wrenches and did some adjusting to the lock inside the bag. They do close a little easier now but still have to use two hands to make them close. Seems like the weather striping around top edge of the bag is too thick. Anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The weather seal my not have been put on exactly right but I bet that isn't the problem. In between the lid and the latch you should see a 2-3" piece of weatherstrip. This may need to be pulled off and reinserted further up in the same place I came from. Don't discard this piece or leave it off or your lids will rattle.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Picked up my new XC this week. When I was checking out the bike I had trouble closing both saddle bag lids. Dealer was standing there and also could not get them to close. He pulled out his set of allen wrenches and did some adjusting to the lock inside the bag. They do close a little easier now but still have to use two hands to make them close. Seems like the weather striping around top edge of the bag is too thick. Anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?
When I first got my XR the bags were also difficult to close and needed an assist by pushing inward, with my free hand, on the outer edge of the lid. Also pushing inward as you press down on the latch helps. The condition went away with time. Maybe it will for you. Welcome to the clan.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've got a brand hammer new one as well and if I push down on the chrome latch assembly it clicks closed. It's a little tight as the weather stripping hasn't settled. One Sweet Ride.

·
Registered
186 Posts
After I took my bags off for trailing the bike I put them back on and they wouldn't latch properly. I learned that the alignment can easily be tweaked during installation. You have to make sure the pins align well so that they slide directly into their holes. If you have to coerce them much at all, it will twist the bags a little and the latch will mis-align.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealership had to remove both bags when they installed the stage 1 exhaust. Maybe they didn't align the pins well enough. Thanks to all of you for the responces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts