Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a three day North Georgia Mountain ride and on my way home yesterday I had a saddle bag rivet break. This was one of the rivets on the hinge of the leather wrapped XR Classic bags.
I was looking for opinions on whether or not this would be covered under the extended warranty? And secondly, I wonder if its even worth bothering since I should be able to just find a local business that has a rivet gun replace the broken rivet.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just returned from a three day North Georgia Mountain ride and on my way home yesterday I had a saddle bag rivet break. This was one of the rivets on the hinge of the leather wrapped XR Classic bags.
I was looking for opinions on whether or not this would be covered under the extended warranty? And secondly, I wonder if its even worth bothering since I should be able to just find a local business that has a rivet gun replace the broken rivet.
If you replace yourself find a structural rivet add a dab of silicone to help seal it.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Did you have that case overloaded with those huge chocolate / caramel / pecan turtles they make and sell at the candy shop in Dahlonega? If so, a popped rivet is a small price to pay.:)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I was up in that neck of the woods from April 9-12. Stayed at the Two Wheels Inn of Suches. Road all over the area including the Suches Loop, Blood Mountain, and more. Had a great time. Hope you did also. I highly recommend the Two Wheel Inn of Suches.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I was up in that neck of the woods from April 9-12. Stayed at the Two Wheels Inn of Suches. Road all over the area including the Suches Loop, Blood Mountain, and more. Had a great time. Hope you did also. I highly recommend the Two Wheel Inn of Suches.

G'day,

Vinish
We have friends who live up the road from Two Wheels and we stay with them when in the area. But isn't TWIOS one of the greatest places to base? And aren't those some fantastic roads around there? I rank them second to the Alps. If you like chocolate caramel pecan turtles, you have to go to Dahlonega and I dare you to buy just one at that candy shop in the square.cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts