Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a new Saddle Bag seal from?
Its the seal on the lip of the saddle bag

Thanks

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Have you tried contacting your dealer or Honda East Toledo? They are a forum sponsor and give us a 20% discount.
Ric

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried contacting your dealer or Honda East Toledo? They are a forum sponsor and give us a 20% discount.
Ric
Thanks,I will ask.....but they usually dont reply back...:mad:

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Thanks,I will ask.....but they usually dont reply back...:mad:
If you are referring to Honda East Toledo, call by phone and ask for Paul Tomanicek, or Paulie.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are referring to Honda East Toledo, call by phone and ask for Paul Tomanicek, or Paulie.
Thanks again..thumb up

·
Registered
12,160 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You can pull up a parts fiche on most dealer websites. If there's one closer to you give a shot.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
So on my brand stinking new hard-ball, the front section of the seal on the right bag isn't attached as though it wasn't glued well at all. Nice assembly quality there Victory...

My question is can I simply glue it down properly to the bag edge? If so, what do I use?

I'll post up pics of this travesty. I'm a quality manager myself so while I expect better, this day and age I'm sadly not surprised.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
I'll suggest RTV adhesive/sealant. Or shoe Goo, or Plumbers Goo. The last one is really strong. Clear Silicone Sealant makes a good adhesive too. Used it many times.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Found some JB Weld brand stuff called JB Qwik. ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Found some JB Weld brand stuff called JB Qwik. ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
If this dries hard, I'd pass. All the adhesives in my previous post do not dry hard.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
The first thought that comes to mind is to apply self adhesive weather stripping on the underside of the lids where it would meet the OEM seals. Its available at hardware and big box home improvement stores and comes in varying cross sections. Maybe one that's about 1/8" thick and 1/2" wide would be sufficient to provide a tighter seal.:confused:

·
Registered
827 Posts
The first thought that comes to mind is to apply self adhesive weather stripping on the underside of the lids where it would meet the OEM seals. Its available at hardware and big box home improvement stores and comes in varying cross sections. Maybe one that's about 1/8" thick and 1/2" wide would be sufficient to provide a tighter seal.:confused:
The trouble with that idea Ric is the lid meets the bag at a steep angle.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
The trouble with that idea Ric is the lid meets the bag at a steep angle.
Ah well...it was a thought and not a very good one apparently. I put that one out without taking a look first. Now I'll have to go down to the garage and check it out. We're experiencing on and off rain showers, so no riding today. S'posed to get into the 80s this week. A couple of Avon Cobras are gonna be hitting the road then.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts