Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just looking for advice. I have a V92TC with the hard bags on it, my left one is in pretty good shape, however at some time in it's past the bike got laid down and the right one is pretty dinged up.

I'm not too worried about the paint damage but I'm pretty sure the hinge has actually bent, and the saddlebag doesn't close properly now. It'll latch, but will sit askew.

Behold:

It's opposite on the other side. I already asked my dealer and they wanted over $300 for the hinge alone (can you imagine), and eBay brings up pretty dismal hopes.

I tried just taking the bags off but since the pipes aren't chrome clad all the way around among other things it just looks kind of trashy.

Sorry about the novel! Cheers guys.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Novel? Watch this. Here, hold my beer.

My guess is you remove the hinge assembly and find that it's OK but that the holes in the bag are damaged or maybe incorrectly reworked after the lay down. You may be able to straighten the alignment but will it stay corrected? Probably not. The real fix may well be repairing the bags themselves. That's filler redrill and recoat. If so you might coat both bags so they look the same.

If you are right and the hinge is whacked it might be repairable on the bench or it may be able to be shimmed to be serviceable without taking a hit on aesthetics. Before I dropped three large I would try to massage it.

In the meantime, don't trust the assessment of some parts guy or me. Take it to a good auto body shop and pretty quick the guys there will be able to tell what is up.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Oops...I thought you were have a problem with one of our forum members.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts