Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some saddlebag liners for my XC. Did a search here and didn't find much, but google found me three alternatives, TLC for $50, Bestem for $70, and Victory for $150:rolleyes:

Does anyone have any experience with any of these, fit, quality, etc?

Thx, greg

http://www.tlcproducts.com/servlet/Detail?no=374

http://www.bestemusa.com/index.php?cPath=292&osCsid=tb48tid9o1vg35qp6cct8c7j77

http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/Pages/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2877743(PolarisPGACatalog)&prevfitment="inmeta:Models~Victory+2011+Cross+Country"

·
Registered
169 Posts
Great question. I was looking at the Bestem bags on Ebay. The quality appears to be good but I would like to hear from anyone who might have experience as well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the pictures, I like the look of the TLC, also like the price.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is the first that I saw of the TLC bags. I looked around the site and read some of the testimonials. For $50 I don't think I can go wrong. I will let you know how they look and fit in about a week. Did you see that you can get free monogramming on the bags? (I just went with "His" and "Hers") I though that was kind of a neat add on.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the first that I saw of the TLC bags. I looked around the site and read some of the testimonials. For $50 I don't think I can go wrong. I will let you know how they look and fit in about a week. Did you see that you can get free monogramming on the bags? (I just went with "His" and "Hers") I though that was kind of a neat add on.
Look forward to your review! I also liked the idea of free monagrams. I have used liners on my Harley, and when traveling they are really nice.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looking to get some saddlebag liners for my XC. Did a search here and didn't find much, but google found me three alternatives, TLC for $50, Bestem for $70, and Victory for $150:rolleyes:
Thx, greg
Thanks for posting this I had no idea I got such a great deal on my liners. I paid $49.95 for the Victory liners when I bought the bike.

They are now $179.99

dd

·
Registered
679 Posts

Does anyone have any experience with any of these, fit, quality, etc?

Thx, greg

http://www.tlcproducts.com/servlet/Detail?no=374

http://www.bestemusa.com/index.php?cPath=292&osCsid=tb48tid9o1vg35qp6cct8c7j77

http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/Pages/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2877743(PolarisPGACatalog)&prevfitment="inmeta:Models~Victory+2011+Cross+Country"
I have had the TLC liners on om XC for one year now, 12k miles. They are always in the saddlebags, and I am Very Pleased with them.:)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thx for all the replies!

I stopped by Cee Bailey's today to get them to cut a 1/2" off my medium height shield. They really like the XC.

I have agreed to leave the bike there when I go to Florida in a couple weeks, and they are going to make a set of liners based on my bike.They will then sell them to the public. I will report when I get it back. (They are also going to make a recurve flip type windshield using me as a test. Can't wait).

·
Registered
9 Posts
TLC liners are good

I bought the TLC liners and they are very good quality. I had "Victory" embroidered on them (free) and it is good quality also. Their delivery was fast and the price was right.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Based on all these recomendations and the pics on their site, I just ordered a set. Had one embroidered with my mom's name and the other with her twin's name.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Here's another option to those evesdropping on this thread....a small nylon, or Cordura stuff bag with handles, just big enough to hold the things you'll want in the motel room - toiletries, change of undies, etc. The wife and I each have one - hers in the right case, mine in the left. That leaves a lot of room in said cases for extra clothing, tools, etc. We've been touring over 20 years and have come up with systems to efficiently conserve space and have found that case liners that occupy the entire space difficult to work with on the road. Our advice: Start with small, cheap bags and work up from there. Chances are, you'll stop there.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Here's another option to those evesdropping on this thread....a small nylon, or Cordura stuff bag with handles, just big enough to hold the things you'll want in the motel room - toiletries, change of undies, etc. The wife and I each have one - hers in the right case, mine in the left. That leaves a lot of room in said cases for extra clothing, tools, etc. We've been touring over 20 years and have come up with systems to efficiently conserve space and have found that case liners that occupy the entire space difficult to work with on the road. Our advice: Start with small, cheap bags and work up from there. Chances are, you'll stop there.
Sounds like good advice. Thanks!thumb up

·
Registered
528 Posts
Being retired Military (combat 11-B and 11-DE) I am very accustomed to carry only what I need. That is as long as my wife lets me.
It's not that hard. If you were ever in the Military you should remember how you did your foot locker.

I can easily put 10 days worth of clothes for my wife and I +complete tool kit + camera+ extra shoes (we like to get the boots off when I stop for the day) +medications + some room for pick up type of stuff as we go In the saddle bags. Especially the XC bags. My rain gear for the both of us is in the luggage rack bag on top so we have easy access.
The saddle bag liners hep a lot, but not necessarily needed. Most liners do not fill the cavity of the bags well so you have room to put some things under and around the liner.

You really only need 5 days worth of clothes, every hotel/motel has a washer and dryer. If camping just stop by the laundry mat for a few min...
My wife and have been touring for a lot of years also. There are many many different ways of doing this with success.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
I could not have said it better, dirtdobber. 'Twas the Navy for me. Another space saving tip; Roll every piece of clothing, from sox to jackets as tight as possible. I used to secure the larger items with mini bungees, until a neice, who works at a hand clinic, gave me 1" wide strips of male & female velcro. You wrap tightly with a piece long enough to go around almost twice, then with a shorter piece (about 3 to 6" long) of the opposite velcro, bridge the tail end to secure it. We pack just 5 days worth of undies, one change of jeans and a couple shirts. We remove bulky things from their containers and put them in ziplock bags - even meds. Toiletry kits are soft, not rigid. Sporting good stores have a wealth of motorcycle riding and packing gear, only they don't know it. Don't pack that big, bulky jacket, instead, take things to layer with. Every item of outerwear should perform double or triple duty. To those of you riding your first bagger, go forth and explore this big and wonderful couintry of ours. One last tip to make that more affordable: Use those motel coupon books you find at gas stations, rest stops, info centers, truck stops and restaurants near Interstate exits. I have often paid around $40 for a room, while the guy next to me at the counter paid $85. Happy trails!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did recieve the saddlebag liners from tlc and I have to say they are nice . They are a condura type heavy nylon bag and the fit into the touring cruzer leaves enough room to tuck in tools or other small items around it . I guess it depends how you fill it. I like the idea of rolling your clothes and velcroing them, compressing them to a smaller size. We camped out of our bike last year while in the Adirondacks and your right to say that you learn to do with less while on the bike. Having a bag will be nice to keep clothing separated from other items were carrying.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Were I to buy such bags, I would do the same as you. They look like they are very well made and the price is right. Camping huh? How do you carry the tent and bags, etc? If I was a dedicated MC camper, that new trailer by Bushtec that blends with the design of the Cross bikes would make a beatiful combo. I'd love to see one color matched to a XR or XC...especially in red.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I hear ya RICV, roll everything you can up tight, make it squeak. I use boot strings to tie the stuff up. I put 1 T shirt, 1 pair of socks, 1 under wear and roll it up good and tight. When you need to change, just pull 1 out. I do the same thing when dirty except I use a small garbage bag to separate the clean from the dirty.
I also use a shaving kit bag that you can get at wallmart. It has 2 zipper pockets, not big at all but will hold quiet a bit. That is what I use for my tool kit that I put together and 1 for meds and hygiene. It fits under the saddle bag liner so very little room is taken.

RICV I think we are telling our age:ltr::eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
OK RICZ and DD the miminalist in me is coming out! You should have seen that small tent and backpack strapped to the luggage rack! we even had a couple of thermarests in the mix for sleeping on. I should have taken pictures. Really easier to get a room I guess but we met alot of great people camping on the lakes. bags seem like they might help us keep our stuff together. PS: don't forget the wine

1 - 20 of 47 Posts