Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using easy, ghost, or OEM quick release brackets on your Gunner? And, if a company posts Victory bikes in their fitment, but does not list the Gunner, do I assume the Vegas is the same?

If you have pics of the actual brackets and spools on the bike, I'd love to see them.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Anyone using easy, ghost, or OEM quick release brackets on your Gunner? And, if a company posts Victory bikes in their fitment, but does not list the Gunner, do I assume the Vegas is the same?

If you have pics of the actual brackets and spools on the bike, I'd love to see them.

Thank you!
Easybrackets on my 2010 Vegas work fine
Posted about them a few times recently so search my posts youll find the pix.
Gunner is Vegas based so presume same bolt spacing

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered my easy brackets and the molle shoulder bags that, with any luck, I can put together to make some slim and modular saddlebags. I plan on adding/ removing pouches and bags to them as needed depending on what I'm doing that day, such as a bottle holder or another large pouch out hold more. I'm hoping this works out well. I'll be sure to post pics if it works!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my bags and my easy brackets today. The brackets are so easy to install and they fit perfectly. Since the bags are not saddlebags, I need to reinforce the bags so I'm using 1/4 plywood and some corrugated plastic on the inside of the bags. The bags are 8"x 11.25" and 5" deep. Honestly, the easy brackets are 3/4 the size of the bag! Holding the bag to the bike it looks nice. Thin and a good size. I will most likely redo the internal reinforcement with metal so it's thinner, but for now I think I'll be fine. I will lose about 1/3 of an inch inside, but that will be fine. I've cut the wood, sanded all edges and it fits inside the back wall just fine. No pics yet. I'm going to hold the wood plates against the easy brackets to mark the holes since that's easier than holding a floppy bag. Once I do that, I'll drill some pilot holes in the wood and use a marker to mark the spots on the bag to drill to. I intend to use a lighter on the bags after I drill them since they are a ballistic nylon material. This will stop the holes from enlarging or the material from separating. I hope I can do this right because I think these will work out perfectly. Having molle straps means the possibilities are endless. And the bags were only $25 apiece so I could even get two more and attach them all together for twice the space. If anyone has seen the pic of my swing arm bag, that bag will attach perfectly to the outside of these as well.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Got my bags and my easy brackets today. The brackets are so easy to install and they fit perfectly. Since the bags are not saddlebags, I need to reinforce the bags so I'm using 1/4 plywood and some corrugated plastic on the inside of the bags. The bags are 8"x 11.25" and 5" deep. Honestly, the easy brackets are 3/4 the size of the bag! Holding the bag to the bike it looks nice. Thin and a good size. I will most likely redo the internal reinforcement with metal so it's thinner, but for now I think I'll be fine. I will lose about 1/3 of an inch inside, but that will be fine. I've cut the wood, sanded all edges and it fits inside the back wall just fine. No pics yet. I'm going to hold the wood plates against the easy brackets to mark the holes since that's easier than holding a floppy bag. Once I do that, I'll drill some pilot holes in the wood and use a marker to mark the spots on the bag to drill to. I intend to use a lighter on the bags after I drill them since they are a ballistic nylon material. This will stop the holes from enlarging or the material from separating. I hope I can do this right because I think these will work out perfectly. Having molle straps means the possibilities are endless. And the bags were only $25 apiece so I could even get two more and attach them all together for twice the space. If anyone has seen the pic of my swing arm bag, that bag will attach perfectly to the outside of these as well.
Good One!....I used 3mm perspex sheet cut to size and sikaflexed in place to re enforge the backing to mount my leather bags.
theyre a set of thick pakistani leather throwovers I gut down to fit the Easybrackets, a bit of frigging around to get the right angles and such but ended up with something unique

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts