Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pair of throw over style saddlebags but still need the side support bits.
(I do currently have the rear seat/pegs installed)

I've seen a couple of universal fit ones for around $45-50 but many of the reviews say you need to buy new bolts as the ones that come with them are too long/short.
Is there a known better fit for around the same $$
New or used if someone is selling a set.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If the bolts are too long, you can just cut them to the proper length with a hacksaw.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
well theye dearer than $45 but Easybrackets are what I used to utilise my old throwover leather bags , came out good and are unique.
had to Sikaflex a piece of 3mm perspex inside the inner wall of the throwovers for rigidity and strength...and worked...saved my bike copping more damage than it did when the dog hit me and put me and the Vegas down the road on the lh side

Attachments

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
"Sikaflex", "perspex", "copping", "dearer"? Two great culture separated by a common language :)

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
Sikaflex= high strength urethane adhesive
Perspex Google it
Copping= getting, recieving, sustaining
Dearer = costing more money.

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
Theyre actually Indians, though they could be Australian, most taxi drivers here are Indian.
Yeah I thought it hilarious töo.
You spent 3 years here Michael T
And never heard any of those expressions? Obviously mixing in the wrong circles mate, or ya don't get around much.
Sadly typical Aussie lingo is fading a little as the youth become more Americanised as evidenced by baggy pants, sideways baseball caps and general lack of respect for anyone but themselves.
That friggin rap music has taken off töo with the resulting langauge that goes with it.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Sorry Motorbikerx... I didn't mean to mislead... yes... I got the lingo when I was down in your paradise... I was sayin' that I couldn't pick up on half of what that bloke in the video was jabbering...

Dude... this has to stop... no sideways ballcaps... no sags... (sagging is just sad... it means that you want to take it in the ass)... SMH... You guys need a Aussie United campaign... please don't let us corrupt what I remember as paradise... *sigh*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts