Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I drove a hard-ball and walked away from doing a cross bike at present I'm thinking finding some bags that have good capacity and fit the styling of the high-ball. Size big. construction sure enough leather.. better than cheap vinyl bags. mounting could be permanent or easy brackets etc.

Since ironbags isn't making victory bags I remembered leatherworks. Really cool bags. Indian nickel rivets are a nice touch. Very customizable. Can add straps on top to strap down extra stuff. Fringe even.

Your thoughts?

http://www.leatherworksinc.com/leather-motorcycle-products/leather-motorcycle-saddlebags/

I'm kinda liking the 119
http://www.leatherworksinc.com/119-leather-saddlebags/

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have been searching high and low for a decent set of bags for my Highball... I want a set of leather throwovers that don't look all shiny and or have any rivets. I like 119 as well but would have to drag it in the gravel for a few miles before strapping onto my Vic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
personally... the highball's "style" has zero to a small solo bag. its not meant to look like a bagger, its meant to look like a bobber. Obviously to each their own but having massive saddle bags to me defeats the entire purpose of the bike.

NOW. If you just have them for a like an Iron butt ride to somewhere... and then take them off hell that's just smart riding. And on that note I know everyone that I personally know loves the quality of their leatherworks bags.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have a swingarm bag for around town... Living in Calgary the weather changes so fast you need to be prepared. I personally want a set of smallish to medium soft leather throwovers with an old look to them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a swingarm bag for around town... Living in Calgary the weather changes so fast you need to be prepared. I personally want a set of smallish to medium soft leather throwovers with an old look to them.
I think a set of REAL throw overs would look great... but yeah... tie em to the back of the truck or car and drag them down the gravel roads a bit... that would be the look they need.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
If I could figure out how to post pictures from my iPhone... I would show you the bags I want and ask your opinion. However I am either technologically handicapped or this site doesn't support the use of iPhones.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Travis, load up to photobucket then just post the image link straight from the app.

Example. The iron max bags I had on the fatboy. Now these were huuuge. Loved them though.

So as far as large on the high-ball definitely I wouldn't want to go as massive as these puppies but certainly bigger than the itty bitty victory bags. I'm thinking something about the size of evo era heritage bags. I figure if I'm going to hang bags off her, they should at least carry ample stuff.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think these leatherworks bags would be ok. Marginally big enough but kinda cool. I like the retro springer style flaps.

Looks like you can do a throwover style as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I dont have a highball..vegas 8ball.. but I do think out of the box. check out used equestrian saddlebags.. you might be surprised what you find..worn. weathered, and "throw over"..why not

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
I have looked at equestrian bags... Hard to find in black.
Then just dye them black. Very easy to do. Then follow up with some resolene for waterproofing. Tandy Leather has all you would need as well as lots of other leather supply outlets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts