Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to add bags to my 03 Vegas. Was wondering what others have & recommendations, i.e. hard, soft, size etc. Pics would be nice also....

Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
easy brackets for sure

using easy brackets is great, fit on many bags. easy on easy off for those who only want bags when they need bags. i got a set of preowned OE bags for my 13 hammer with easy brackets installed from a forum member at a good price. best place for a good deal IMO

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My easy brackets came in today. Like the way they are quick remove when not needed. Just can't decide on what type/size bag to go with?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
my preowned OE bags have a hard back + hold their shape when empty, looking decent IMO. sorry never took a pic with bags on but searching for pics of your bike may help decide, a general search usually better than a forum search but could lead to a forum anyhow, good hunting

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a set of bags that have easy brackets on them already. I will sell them for 100 plus shipping. I only have this pic for now but I can take more upon request when I get home. Off of an 05 Vegas
Wow wish I had 100 bucks sitting around =(

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I do like bags on my Vegas

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought these Polaris victory bags used but like new for $60. I stole them, real leather. I think they originally sold for around $600. I don't know what year the bags are the bike is a 2004. I didn't use brackets just longer fender bolts and spacers. The bags have hard plastic backs.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought saddle bags from Fox Creek Leather...great quality leather. I order them with the removable yoke and easy mount brackets which work great. The removable yoke leaves a handle attached to the bags, great to carry to the hotel rooms. Reasonable cost too!
ImageUploadedByMO Free1447609968.926835.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1447610029.768273.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1447610054.690571.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd like a set for my 06 Vic Vegas, but haven't found any local. When I look online, I see mixed reviews for how well they fit. Ah well. Eventually, right?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
bags = function

unless your bike is built-styled with bags they are added to function! they look "OK" but are really there for a purpose other than looks. to me bags that hold a shape look better + again enough can not be said for easy brackets, just a pair of spool looking when bags are off which is most of the time for many, otherwise buy a Vic bagger, best lookin bikes ever made with bags!!!

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
These are nice.

https://www.ussaddlebag.com/motorcycle-saddlebags

I have the 'Large' version in plain black. EZ on/off. Hold a ton of crap. Look pretty good. They lock to the bike with a key lock, but you can pop them off and carry them like suitcases. Really a sweet set-up. It does take 2 hands to get in them, though. They have a zippered pouch and 2 small pockets in each bag as well that are quite handy.

The strap latches are different than the ones they show in the video. Faster and easier to use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrkV3tPc6ig

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
HC is there anyway you could get them to sit lower? I bought my dad a KP last summer and it needs new bags but I want something that sits a little lower. In my eyes you should be able to see the whole top of the fender.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
HC is there anyway you could get them to sit lower? I bought my dad a KP last summer and it needs new bags but I want something that sits a little lower. In my eyes you should be able to see the whole top of the fender.
They are not that high. In that picture the bike is on the sidestand.

With a passenger seat

But to answer the question... lowering them would take some fabrication.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Thanks HC. I think those bags really suit the KP. You say yours are the large version? I think these are what I will put on my dads machine. The quality of the US saddlebags is supposed to be top shelf.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts