Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just returned home, 1044 miles in 23 hours, from our condo building in San Jose, CA to Henderson, NV, and back. Took the missus with me so she qualifies for it too. I'll detail more later but it's almost unfair how easy 1,000 miles is in 24 hours on this bike.

Now to get all the paperwork together and get it validated.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Just returned home, 1044 miles in 11 hours, from our condo building in San Jose, CA to Henderson, NV, and back. Took the missus with me so she qualifies for it too. I'll detail more later but it's almost unfair how easy 1,000 miles is in 24 hours on this bike.

Now to get all the paperwork together and get it validated.
You averaged 95 mph without a pee break. No cops in Cali?

Anyway, congrats. cheers

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. The overall average was more like 70-75 mph. We took breaks every two hours or roughly 165 to 170 miles. On the highway, I was running between 85 and 90. And, yes, plenty of cops. No tickets. Six hours of sleep last night.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You averaged 95 mph without a pee break. No cops in Cali?

Anyway, congrats. cheers
HA! Just saw the error and changed to 23 hours. Clearly, I'm a bit out of it! :ltr:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One bummer was that I had adjusted the air shock for the ride and, obviously, didn't get the cover back on sufficiently. This is what happened in the first two hour block...

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
CONGRATS MAN!! great job!!! thumb up

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And here's the route we took...

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
One bummer was that I had adjusted the air shock for the ride and, obviously, didn't get the cover back on sufficiently. This is what happened in the first two hour block...
bummer about the side cover, but very cool! I have been itching to do this myself... have a few 600 mile days, don't see doing another 400 as a problem at all...

·
Registered
810 Posts
was that 6 hrs sleep inside the 24 hrs? if not, seems the butt burner gold (1500 miles in 24 hrs) would be close to impossible...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was that 6 hrs sleep inside the 24 hrs? if not, seems the butt burner gold (1500 miles in 24 hrs) would be close to impossible...
Yes, but it's a little deceiving. We did 1044 according to my XC's odometer and it was probably even further, more like 1055 according to Google maps, and that's not counting the side stuff like to and from gas stations off the highway. We had our own food but stopped a couple of times, breakfast and one break when we went extra long, so really we had a couple of hours of non-riding, maybe another 170 miles of potential travel. Knock off a couple of hours of sleep, four hours total, and you could do it. But, that's under ideal conditions, which we had; we had no traffic problems, we weren't pulled over for speeding and the weather was perfect.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just received our SaddleSore 1000 certificates!

:D

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
beings I live on the Big Island of Hawaii I can't get more than 300 miles without repeating my drive! Going to California in September, wish I could bring the bike!

·
Registered
144 Posts
So where do I ...

Get a certificate if I could do such a feat? My brother in law and I are riding from Indy to the four corners in August. Want to track miles so any advice on where to find these certs is welcome.
Best
John

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Get a certificate if I could do such a feat? My brother in law and I are riding from Indy to the four corners in August. Want to track miles so any advice on where to find these certs is welcome.
Best
John
Congrats Jagular, our group just submitted paper work a week ago, hope to see q quick turn around like yours!

Johnah5,
Rules are pretty straight forward, links at the bottom. Map it in Google, ensure if there is a shorter round between your turning points (example: changing highway 64W to 81S at Staunton Va) you document with a fuel stop or pitstop. We emailed a couple questions about ours and got fairly quick responses. There is also a list of certified on their page of riders that will sign for your departure and arrival as well. A good plan makes it flow and I will say we were tired after our 1000 but it was a good time too. Lookin forward to the next one!!

http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/getdocument.cfm?DocId=1

·
Registered
810 Posts
beings I live on the Big Island of Hawaii I can't get more than 300 miles without repeating my drive! Going to California in September, wish I could bring the bike!
what part of california? if so cal, you can rent a bike from Brea Victory... I'll do the ride with ya!

thumb upcheersthumb up

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hope you at least stopped at Casa de Fruita, on the way home, for a bottle of wine to celebrate.
We definitely should have!

We're considering doing a 50CC (Coast-to-Coast, 50 hours) later this year, maybe early fall, and we'll be taking our time returning. I'll be asking for points of interest from everyone, if we do.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm planning on doing a Saddle Sore at the end of August from so cal to Denver. 1173 miles thru Phoenix where I'm picking up a passenger. It's gonna be a fun weekend!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts