Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2006 Victory Vegas Jackpot. It was truly my baby . I put a stage 1 exhaust kit on, music system, detachable windshield, and recently a new tire. Even though I took alot of **** for not buying harley, I was proud of that bike and people liked it.

I recently took a job in another state and flew home today, 8 hrs away to bring the bike with me. Ready to go, gas started pouring out. Mind you it was just in the shop 2 weeks ago for same problem. And last year for same thing. 2 years ago in shop 3 times for baffle shooting out of exhaust, almost killed a friend. Also, I was lied to online when I bought highway pegs, and they did not fit. Of course victory would not refund.

I am just venting. I am now in an airport, had to pay $300 for one way ticket, dealer was too busy today to help. I am selling the bike as soon as its fixed in a few weeks. Obviously, I have had a horrible experience with Victory. My plan was to always upgrade to Vision. Today, my jackpot took its last dump on me.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
That piece of junk! Switch to Harley, bud. HD's are known for their reliability. :ltr:

Btw, sounds like your bike has quite a few mods, and sometimes mods done wrong can end up being big headaches.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I doubt the problem was because you got a crappy bike. I'm pretty sure you just got crappy service on it. The first gas leak and baffle that tried to become a projectile may have been poor assembly or workmanship. After each of those problems were corrected the first time and failures on the same parts can only be blamed on installatin by the service department.

Don't lose faith! Sell the Jackpot and buy a Vision; forget about the problems with the Jackpot and start touring in comfort. Since you're moving you can get your service done by another dealer that hopfully has a better mechanic.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I currently own a 2006 Victory Vegas Jackpot. It was truly my baby . I put a stage 1 exhaust kit on, music system, detachable windshield, and recently a new tire. Even though I took alot of **** for not buying harley, I was proud of that bike and people liked it.

I recently took a job in another state and flew home today, 8 hrs away to bring the bike with me. Ready to go, gas started pouring out. Mind you it was just in the shop 2 weeks ago for same problem. And last year for same thing. 2 years ago in shop 3 times for baffle shooting out of exhaust, almost killed a friend. Also, I was lied to online when I bought highway pegs, and they did not fit. Of course victory would not refund.

I am just venting. I am now in an airport, had to pay $300 for one way ticket, dealer was too busy today to help. I am selling the bike as soon as its fixed in a few weeks. Obviously, I have had a horrible experience with Victory. My plan was to always upgrade to Vision. Today, my jackpot took its last dump on me.
Baffle shooting out 3 times? You guys obviously have no idea what you are doing putting in the baffles. There is a screw to secure them.

Gas started pouring out where? I'm assuming that since you or the shop doesn't know how to tighten the baffle screw they didn't tighten the clamp on the hose.

All your pissing and moaning is HUMAN error, either by you or the shop.

I'm not defending Victory I think its odd that you are crying about things that either you or the shop did wrong.

Speaking of shop. If your bike had to keep going back for the same reasons. Why did you keep going to them?

You were lied to by someone trying to sell something online and you expect Victory to pony up for you.

You seem to have some serious accountability issues here.

·
Registered
396 Posts
sounds like whoever did the maintenence on
that bike is an idioit.:ltr:

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
So you have a couple things go south....and you give up on your baby? Not much of a commitment. Yes please sell it......the grass is always greener on the other side...lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
it dont take long to figure out when a shop is a bunch of dumb
a--es, i know that due to haveing one in my area,
i go 2 1/2 hours away for my work. but for mostly mods.
PUT UP PRICE, & PIC,S YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM SALEING IT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.