Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '11 XC had a PCV, D&D slip-ons and a stage 1 (I believe) air filter installed and the CATs removed when I bought it. It was never tuned and was running on a map... Monday, I have an appointment to get the bike tuned by Kevin X and I've added/changed a few things in the last couple of days. Lloyd's timing gear, Lloyd's high flow air filter and lollipops to make up for the lack of CATs. Mr. X suggested that I set the Lloyd's timing wheel at +6°.

My question is, Is it safe (for the bike) to ride it as is until it gets tuned in a few days? Should I set the timing lower and adjust it before I hand it off to Kevin?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Ride it like you stole it! if it pings, drop the wheel to +4 then repeat.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My '11 has triovals, PCV, & Lloydz filter with wheel at 6 & a canned map. Been riding it for a month & works well. AT300 finally showed & goes in tomorrow (not close to a vic tuner). No pinging on 91 - no intention of backing it off to 4.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
My '11 XC had a PCV, D&D slip-ons and a stage 1 (I believe) air filter installed and the CATs removed when I bought it. It was never tuned and was running on a map... Monday, I have an appointment to get the bike tuned by Kevin X and I've added/changed a few things in the last couple of days. Lloyd's timing gear, Lloyd's high flow air filter and lollipops to make up for the lack of CATs. Mr. X suggested that I set the Lloyd's timing wheel at +6°.

My question is, Is it safe (for the bike) to ride it as is until it gets tuned in a few days? Should I set the timing lower and adjust it before I hand it off to Kevin?

Thanks in advance!
Please post a graph when you get it tuned. With my cams I have the ATS set to +8 and more timing added with the PCV at full throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts