·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Interesting that the forged bar on the left side was obviously torn of but it doesn't appear to have affected the upper mount. I'm a little confused how the fairing looks good on the left side with the missing bar; if the bike fell over on the left side and tore the bar off the fairing would have hit the ground.

If I had to guess this most likely is theft recovery. Someone took the bags off and tried to take off the bars but after fighting with the left bar they gave up.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I took a good look at all the photos but to get it back into original shape, you would end up close to $11 grand +- and a salvage title which cuts the resale big time. I understand they have it marked up in order to get their monies worth.
The only way you could come out (for normal folks) is to do something totally different. There is too much to replace.
floorboard, shifter/linkage. left side engine guard, front fender -its warped, chrome accent on the rear fender, saddle bags, left passenger floorboard/mount, left side side cover, ignition cheese wedge, right engine guard, seat repair, left speaker grill, fairing repair w/paint

About 6 grand is all about it's worth

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dd, make 'em an offer. In your garage, that thing will turn to showroom condition before the spring flowers start to blossom. thumb up

They most likely picked it up at an auction for really cheap. Most people at auction probably didn't even know what it was.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I thought about it

I need to get over the taxes first which will be at least 2 weeks or so maybe sooner.

Of course it wouldn't look like a XC when I got done except the fairing and rear fender, almost everything else would have to go

My vtx 1800 c model when I brought it home

a week later

5 months later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts