Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13,188 Posts
WOW is a understatement of how great a ride that would be

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Been there, done that and so glad Pretty Wife and I did. Rode the Alps and Dolomites (say do-lo-mee-tees) and learned the value of trail braking from the Germans we were riding with. They sure know how to cook Italian foods there. :)
Thanks for sharing your videos with us.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That had to have been an amazing ride. Those switchback tunnels were really cool... until I realized they are for 2 way traffic!

·
Registered
166 Posts
That is SO awesome! And imagine that those tunnels were built 100 years ago, and they don't LEAK! Too bad Boston doesn't have that technology.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I would love to ride in northern Italy and maybe I will someday. There are so many famous passes/roads including the San Boldo and the Stelvio. I do believe that in reading the Wikipedia entry about the San Boldo, I saw that the tunnels are one way. In one point in the video above you could see a car and a bicyclist waiting at the entrance where our heros exited until the coast was clear and probably there are stop/go lights at the tunnels. I also noticed small pull-offs at the entrances and exits of many of the tunnels where vehicles could wait for the tunnel to clear.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Just got back from a ten day trip to Faaker See in Austria. I went on my CCT but my five friends went on their Harley's . Here's a short clip of one ofvthecpasses we rode.

https://youtu.be/7-ZlU7MbGoo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What a great road and video. I was on an Edelweiss "Best of Europe" tour through the Black Forest and some of the Alps, so I've experienced this sort of ride ... but this looks exceptionally fine.

You have any (still) pics of your camera-mount setup? If not, could you tell us a little about it?

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Beautiful...thanks for sharing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts