Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a 2013 Cross Country Tour! I have been riding a Yamaha Royal Star Venture for many years/miles and have nothing but great things to say about the bike and the RSV forums I belonged to over the years!

I live in central Ohio so not sure when I will get my first ride in but I could not be any more happy to be the proud owner of a Victory motorcycle and look forward to learning about my bike from this forum!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Welcome! Great bike.

That said, while it's (hopefully) garaged for the winter, for a little bonding with your new machine, you might want to:

1) Make sure the lowers were adjusted properly (see http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=12057 ).

2) Add some toothed washers to the battery terminals, and make sure they're tight (see assorted threads).

3) If you're normal-ish height and you don't always (or ever) want to look through the stock Tour windshield, search gobs of threads on replacement windshields (the webBikeWorld Tour review, http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-reviews/victory-cross-country-tour-review/ , has links to five aftermarket windshield companies near the bottom of that page, for starters).

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Ho, ho, hoo... Merry Christmas! Welcome aboard and congrats on your new XCT. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to your new CCT. You clearly have impeccable taste in motorcycles! The Yamaha RSV is great a motorcycle. You're about to be very pleasantly surprised by the Victory CCT.

What color, ad ons or accessories did you get?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Nothing like a brand new XCT to brighten the day!! Welcome from sunny souther cal. cheers

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I am the proud new owner of a 2013 Cross Country Tour! I have been riding a Yamaha Royal Star Venture for many years/miles and have nothing but great things to say about the bike and the RSV forums I belonged to over the years!

I live in central Ohio so not sure when I will get my first ride in but I could not be any more happy to be the proud owner of a Victory motorcycle and look forward to learning about my bike from this forum!
Congrats from another former RSV owner!

The Vic is a very different bike from the RSV. You will find that it doesn't seem to have a lot of power in rpm range below 2000 (without a few mods) but if you run it between 2500 and 3500, it has plenty.

You'll also find the Vic extremely nimble compared to the RSV.

For me the RSV was a "love-hate" thing but I have found nothing I hate (or even dislike) about the Vic.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Graduated to a Cross Roads from decades of first gen Ventures. Those were very entertaining bikes; comfortable, great weather protection, powerful and handled well in the twisties. Needing a lower seat height, I had to convert over to a cruiser and I find the XR does all those things just as well. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Niiiice!.....welcome and congrats!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts