Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, first post here. I've been on forums for the past 4 years so I'm not a complete noob :D

Short version: I inherited a 2001 Victory V92C Deluxe in 2005 when my father passed away. He was a long time Harley rider/owner, and he purchased the Victory after he had beaten cancer. 3 days after he bought the Victory the doctors found more cancer in his brain and it was found to be terminal. The bike was parked in our shed, uncovered and unloved from March of 2005, until April of this year.
With the help of my friends and one of their grandpas we drained the gas, oil, changed the air filter, put some new gas + seafoam in the tank and prayed for the best! After a few clicks on the starter button it started right up :)

This is my first cruiser, but I've had 3 Honda 600 sportbikes, including a 1991 CBR F2, 2001 CBR F4i, and now a 2006 CBR 600rr. My girlfriend also picked up her first bike last week, a 2008 Ninja 250. I'm guessing once I get everything sorted out on the Victory I'll be putting on about 5k miles a year at least.

I look forward to learning from you all and getting to know you cheers

Ryan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Money Green and Cashmere is a pretty combination. I would HIGHLY recommend doing another oil change after a couple of hundred miles to make sure the acidic crap is out of the crank case. Also remember those tubes, and tires are highly suspect after sitting for so long. Awesome legacy from your dad, and I hope the two of you treat each other well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I'll be changing the oil within the next 50 miles or so, depending on how my next paycheck treats me :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts