Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw the black cheese wedges on the new 8 Ball, so I ordered a pair for my 08 'Pin.

I like 'em. Trying to reduce chrome on the bike. Thought about painting the chrome ones but for less than $20 each, I thought, why screw around? Just be careful with the badge removal, it's metal and will bend. Once I saw that, I changed to a large flat blade to release the double sided tape behind and went in from each side gently.

I also shortened the tabs on this side a little, maybe 1/4 of an inch, so it sits in a bit closer. Left the other side as it is, 'cause it already tucks in under the tank more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very nice. Where did you get it from.
I am now looking for one that says 106.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They don't come with the badge, so you either have to carefully remove and move your old one, or buy a new one.

2 of 5439044 - Victory - CVR-IGNITION/COIL,TEXT,BLK
1 of 7172379 - Victory - BADGE-OIL LINE COVER,100
6 of 7670136 - Victory - CLIP-TINNERMAN,D98640-051M

The 106 badge is 7174703

If you use this be sure to enter the quantity, as it will gag without it.

http://www.onlinemicrofiche.com/hondaeasttoledo/shoppingcart/checkout/Viewcart.asp?Type=13

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
I like 'em. Trying to reduce chrome on the bike. Thought about painting the chrome ones but for less than $20 each, I thought, why screw around? Just be careful with the badge removal, it's metal and will bend. Once I saw that, I changed to a large flat blade to release the double sided tape behind and went in from each side gently.

I also shortened the tabs on this side a little, maybe 1/4 of an inch, so it sits in a bit closer. Left the other side as it is, 'cause it already tucks in under the tank more.

Just a hint on something I recently learned on my 11 XC. I bought some very nice chrome covers for the cam chain bolts on the back of both cylinders and thought it looked pretty good until I saw one with those same covers all blacked out.

The reason the blacked out covers looked better was because they actually hid the big thing sticking out whereas the chrome brought attention to them. I had the chrome ones powder coated and they look like... they aren't even there anymore which is way better than bringing attention to something that, frankly, in my opinion, looks way out of place.

Again; JMHO.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totally agree with you.... I have a list of things already, that are coming off in the winter and getting powdercoated black. But I'm waiting for the crappy weather to do that. Although, the other thought was to see how much those same parts cost, and buy spares that I can have done, then just swap them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Black wedges

I really like those. I have a lot of pieces on my KP powder coated. I have barracuda customs art on my standard "chrome" wedges but REALLY like your black ones. I may have to lean that way just to mix it up. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you really wanna mix it up

My buddy has an 8 ball too and what he did was take his chrome wedge put marbles in the diviots and painted it black and that looks really good as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully he won't lose his marbles.... :)

I bet it looks sharp with the chrome in the divots. I'm trying to reduce chrome, so I figured I'd just pop for the new ones and leave the old ones as they are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts