Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF wanted to ride and wanted a scooter so we picked up a Kymco i300 Downtown Maxi-Scooter with 14 inch tires not little 10 inch tires like I use to think of scooters - and this thing is a hoot to ride! It is fuel injected and easy to handle and has a huge lockable storage area under the seat. Never thought I would see myself bopping around on one of these bu t I have to say it has get up and go and handles rather well along with much cheaper to keep with 100 miles to the gallon! Everything about the parts and tires are half of what a MC costs. The seat is longer and wider than on most MC's including my CCT!

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,669 Posts
There are some decent scooters.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
About 10 years ago, I went on a 8 day 2000 mile 10 state ride starting and ending in MI and included OH, WV, PA, MD, VA, NC, GA, TN, and KT with two friends. I was on an HD softail as was one friend. The third was on the Honda Silverwing scooter. He could go all day in comfort, hit 90 mph without a problem, and buzz through the Dragon and other twisties just fine. Admittedly, that is the higher end of scooters.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My GF wanted to ride and wanted a scooter so we picked up a Kymco i300 Downtown Maxi-Scooter with 14 inch tires not little 10 inch tires like I use to think of scooters - and this thing is a hoot to ride! It is fuel injected and easy to handle and has a huge lockable storage area under the seat. Never thought I would see myself bopping around on one of these bu t I have to say it has get up and go and handles rather well along with much cheaper to keep with 100 miles to the gallon! Everything about the parts and tires are half of what a MC costs. The seat is longer and wider than on most MC's including my CCT!
Wait til you try a Yamaha Tmax. That's probably on my line of retreat from the HardBall as I pass my use by date. First step will be the 30 yo Sporty in the shed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts