Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of looking at different bikes in every online place I could, from Craigslist in multiple cities to Ebay, getting shipping quotes and bidding, I finally found a 2007 Kingpin with 4666 miles 20 miles away from home and I'm stoked. It's really hard to find a used one in Hawaii and even harder to buy one from the mainland without throwing a leg over and going for a ride. The only bummer was the original owner lived by the beach and the bike has a bit of oxidation.

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Congrats Brah! Go to an auto supply store and buy a can of NeverDull--great stuff for surface oxidation. If the price is right, small blemishes can be tolerated. Where in Honolulu do you live? Grab that KP and celebrate with a bowl of Saimin at Shiro's in the Pearl. Then a couple (or a few) malasadas from Art's in the parking lot--if its still there. Been a while since this Mainlander was there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats Brah! Go to an auto supply store and buy a can of NeverDull--great stuff for surface oxidation. If the price is right, small blemishes can be tolerated. Where in Honolulu do you live? Grab that KP and celebrate with a bowl of Saimin at Shiro's in the Pearl. Then a couple (or a few) malasadas from Art's in the parking lot--if its still there. Been a while since this Mainlander was there.
I talked to you a few months ago when I was considering a xc. I test drove it and felt it was too big for my riding. The Kingpin is perfect. I live in Hawaii Kai, cruised to Kailua for breakfast yesterday...love that ride by Sandys, Makapuu and Waimanalo. Looks like some of the oxidation is under the paint, I think it will have to be sanded and repainted. The original owner has lived in Kailua for a few years and was letting the bike slip away. As Neal Young says rust never sleeps.

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Ah, now I recall who you are. When staying on Oahu, we get a rental in Kailua. Love that area.
Too bad about that paint situation, if you get that bike, I hope you are able to resolve it economically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts