Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using this helmet? Looks like a nice modular unit. Any idea whether the "Black Cherry" color is a close match to Victory's "Midnight Cherry"?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is anyone using this helmet? Looks like a nice modular unit. Any idea whether the "Black Cherry" color is a close match to Victory's "Midnight Cherry"?
I had one...Key word here is HAD...within 1 year the thing started falling apart...The trim on the bottom of the helmet (black plastic strip) kept coming off. I had to glue it back in place twice within the year. Also 2 of the pad snaps inside the helmet BROKE...So I had 2 spots where the interior would move around slightly...

Wind noise is extreme even behind the windshield of my Vision. You will build up neck muscles also as it is a VERY HEAVY helmet....I used on Aria 3/4 once and it felt like I wasn't wearing a helmet compared to my Scorpion....

Since I wanted a modular helmet I started looking around due to the Scorpion falling apart. I read reviews and tried several on, I finally settled for a Schuberth helmet, but it really hurt he back pocket $700 :crzy:....But it is extremely LIGHT and QUIET (NO wind noise compared to the Scorpion)!!! The visor WILL NOT FOG UP...I have ridden in 35 degree weather already and about a 1/2 inch at the bottom of the visor showed fogging NOTHING else did....thumb up...This helmet FLOWS AIR real well...It's like turning on the Air Conditioner, there's so much air flowing and it shuts down well too, when it's cold out...Really the only draw back to this helmet is the price and you have to ask yourself: How much is your head worth???

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Bought one when they first came out. It's holding up just fine, but I do have to agree it's noisy. Not a big deal as I wear earplugs. I don't find it's weight objectionable as it's no heavier than most modulars. For less than half the price of a Shuberth, I'll be happy with my Scorpion and buy my XR some trinkets and several tanks of premium.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When it came time to buy a modular, I didn't think twice...I bought another Nolan. This time I went with the N-103. Good price, great comfort, relatively quiet with the windshield up, and not heavy. I really like the built in flip down shade also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I found a Bell Revolver for a song so I will give it a try. If it doesn't work out it will make a good back up/passenger helmet.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts