Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed this when riding with the wife, every now and again I hear a scraping noise when going over bumps, sort of like metal rubbing. Looked all around and can't figure where its coming from. Kinda hard to see without any weight on the bike and parked. Is there any adjustment on the suspension for when there more load on the bike. I don't hear it at all when riding alone.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes, You can stiffen up the rear shock, that will help, but it's a pain in the ass to change back and forth for alone and 2-up riding.

If you get an underdrive pulley it won't rub any more. Just one more plus for the UD Pulley...
Underdrive Pully for 06 up Narrow Tire Bikes

http://www.victoryforums.com/36-victory-tech-performance-section/179874-underdrive-pulley-initial-thoughts.html
I believe i did see where someone remove that cover and ground off the boss on those bolts to good effect too.. not that I've done it. I have the same issue sometimes when riding 2-up on my KP. If I have a passenger it's almost like I'm 3 up really.. as fat as my ass is. :)

·
13,026 Posts
Yup check shock setting. With flash light look under rear fender for rubbing. While your looking look at the wires to see if they been rubbed by tire.
Here you can read about shock setting just fill in blanks.
Owners Manuals | Victory Motorcycles

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advise guys. The Under Drive Pulley looks interesting. I'm in the process of selling 2 of my other bikes right now to pay this off then I'll look into that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts