Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a proven method of reducing scratches in chrome?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Replacing my chrome removed ALL scratches, and has been proven! :D :D

Seriously tho, I'm not aware.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing my chrome removed ALL scratches, and has been proven! :D :D

Seriously tho, I'm not aware.
In Colorado heading to Sturgis this year. We had to make a run for it. From a sever thunder storm with baseball size hail and 2 tornado's. We escaped that storm and ran in to another one. We got under a overpass. I drop my scooter the rain was so hard I could not see. I scratched up the chrome on the left forged highway bar. Not real bad, buy noticeable. I want to make the scratches less noticeable if possible.

·
13,033 Posts
Only use C Wax on chrome. Paint wax has abrasives in it. There is NO way to get scratches out of chrome

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Scratches are forever, unless you send it out for powdercoating.

·
Premium Member
6,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
893 Posts
The "other HD" Home Depot has been selling chrome paint for years. No, it won't be as good nor will it last but from 20 feet away whose going to know. Get the real chroming done over the winter when riding time is down.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The best results I have had on chrome is with plain old turtle chrome polish. They other thing that works well is something called never dull. It is a cotton wadding type stuff that has a chemical impregnated in it and will polish out stuff well.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After I retired I worked in a musical instrument repair shop. Worked in brass and learned a whole new trade. Polishing silver coded instruments we used a number of different polishing compounds. You had to be real careful the silver coding was real thin. I may be able to do what I want. The shop has changed owners. But I know everyone working there. I bet you they will let me use the machines and compounds I need. I'll take picture before and after, if I can set it all up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
NAB, for whatever it is worth, I just slid my Vegas down in gravel and scratch the pipes. It wasn't bad but could be seen. I used Mag polish ( it has more chemicals then chrome polish) and a Dremel tool with a buffing pad wheel. lot of pressure and time and the deep scratches came out enough that I am not going to due any more on them. Then I polished with chrome polish. Made me feel better and it looked almost new.
Good luck,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts