Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was inspecting the bike after my commute from work I found this two screws:

Any idea where they come from?. I am pretty sure they have been there after my 500 mile service.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Can u post a pic..:)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
XX....how about a description if you can't post a photo? Type of head / size of thread / length / color / stainless?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Today was inspecting the bike after my commute from work I found this two screws:

Any idea where they come from?. I am pretty sure they have been there after my 500 mile service.

If it were me, I'd check my own head. I've been told that I have a few screws loose...:ltr:

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your bike is brand new lately,perhaps they were for the battery as there are 2 screws that are shipped in a plastic bag that should be used to connect the battery as it is shipped not connected from the factory.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XX....how about a description if you can't post a photo? Type of head / size of thread / length / color / stainless?
Interesting. I can see the picture.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Is that a bracket sitting at the base of the cylinder to the left of the screws?

Other than bagging the parts and going to your dealer about the only other thing you can do is look at the IPBs for the areas over and around the cylinders. One way you can do this is to go the the victory motorcycle website, click on parts and bring up your year/model. Another way is to go to a victory dealer website that has a OEM parts link (I use don wood victory) and bring up your year/model.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Looks like they were put there, probally during your service, if they both fell out they most likely wouldn't land so perfectialy...:)

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
It's a new day and the photo came through! I too think those might be the screws that secure the seat, especially if they are socket heads. Did you check to see if they are in place? Sure looks to me too like someone laid them there.

·
12,984 Posts
what year and model do you have. Looks like you might have to pull the tank and look
Where did you put a wrench last maybe you didn't tighten them up

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what year and model do you have. Looks like you might have to pull the tank and look
Where did you put a wrench last maybe you didn't tighten them up

I have not touch the bike. Still under warranty. The threads on the screws look very clean and very new, like they were never used. I guess the tech performing my 500 mile service just put them there and forgot.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that a bracket sitting at the base of the cylinder to the left of the screws?

Other than bagging the parts and going to your dealer about the only other thing you can do is look at the IPBs for the areas over and around the cylinders. One way you can do this is to go the the victory motorcycle website, click on parts and bring up your year/model. Another way is to go to a victory dealer website that has a OEM parts link (I use don wood victory) and bring up your year/model.
I don't know what's that and is protruding from the area where the head joins the cylinders. :confused:

·
Registered
193 Posts

I haven't looked at my bike, but why is the clearance machined out of the casing for that bolt head not black?

Do all motors have that raw groove cut out to clear the flange of the bolt?

Looks like they stripped the threads and had to cut a bigger thread then had to "groove" the case to make room for the new hex head, stainless bolt....

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Did you by chance have them install a Lloyds air filter during your 500 mile service. I ask because there are small screws about the size of the ones in your picture that hold on the oem air filter plastic retaining piece.

Did they install any other accessories at the 500 mile service?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you by chance have them install a Lloyds air filter during your 500 mile service. I ask because there are small screws about the size of the ones in your picture that hold on the oem air filter plastic retaining piece.

Did they install any other accessories at the 500 mile service?
Mark: That's a negative. They just preformed the 500 mile service. I know is basically the first oil change.

They charge me $230.00. I think is kinda expensive just for an oil change.

·
12,984 Posts
They look like they have never been used.
Could be up behind the cheese wedges.
Yes all motors are machined like that

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry guys....
If going another route here.

Someone Harley lover is (^%#&^$ with you.

Like putting an oil drip under a Harley and laughing at your buddy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts