Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever added seafoam to the oil. In all the bikes I had I never did it but reading the seafoam web site it stated that it's a good idea to add 1 1/2oz per qt to help keep lifters from sticking. Any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anybody ever added seafoam to the oil. In all the bikes I had I never did it but reading the seafoam web site it stated that it's a good idea to add 1 1/2oz per qt to help keep lifters from sticking. Any thoughts on this.
I didn't think lifters stick when quality oil changed on time?

maurice

·
Registered
71 Posts
i put a dab in the oil upon oil change & fuel from time to time. Have been using it for 30+ years w/no problem!! thumb up

·
Registered
436 Posts
I put in a few ounces about 200 miles before I change the oil - to get everything in "solution" before dumping.

prob. not necessary..............just chemical warfare :rolleyes:

·
13,026 Posts
So when did victory put lifters in the motors :confused:

If you use good oil in modern day motors I don't see a need for it you have nothing to gain except spending your money.

Look at it this way if it was something we needed don't you think victory would be selling it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
So when did victory put lifters in the motors :confused:

If you use good oil in modern day motors I don't see a need for it you have nothing to gain except spending your money.

Look at it this way if it was something we needed don't you think victory would be selling it.

Hey johnny, They do- similar to sea foam.....I know this is for fuel - but it is added to the oil as well.

http://www.kearneyyamaha.com/Victory-Motorcycles-CARBON-CLEAN-FUEL-ADDITIVE-detail.htm?productId=10273554&ez=Chemicals ;amp; Lubricants Fuel Additives~q=fidaa90zztidaa1590zz~r=~&pos=1

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
It's a bad idea to add anything to your oil. Wet clutches are picky about stuff like that.

What I never understood....
Lucas oil, if you ask them, the best oil money can buy. Then they sell 'oil stabilizer' too. WTF? Is your high dollar Lucas oil somehow unstable?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I add a titch of snakeoil, it's said to cure all that ails ya. But that's just in me, NOT the bike.

:cool:

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's a bad idea to add anything to your oil. Wet clutches are picky about stuff like that.

What I never understood....
Lucas oil, if you ask them, the best oil money can buy. Then they sell 'oil stabilizer' too. WTF? Is your high dollar Lucas oil somehow unstable?
+1 you're diluting the oil which is a bad idea. If the lifters needed "snake oil" it would say so in the owners manual. Does it grow hair on billiard balls as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts