Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the yellow sears jack but have been reading the red one is better does anyone know why that is? Also I'm still trying to get it somewhat level on the jack some pointers here would help as well. Thanks much

·
Registered
236 Posts
I put the jack (Yellow version) with the front pad just in front of the kickstand (just in front).
I have a 3/8th piece of solid rubber that I have glued to the back pad from one end to the other. Lift it up from there. It will rock ever so slightly and it does scare you at first but it is fine to do whatever I choose, wrenching, cleaning etc.

Placement is key and I like how the extra piece of rubber levels up the bike in my garage.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back pad you mean towards rear wheel and you leave the front as is

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep, in from right side with front pad just in front of kickistand. Back pad falls just in front of oil filter. Go by front and let back fall where it may.
My extra rubber was an attempt to get the bike just a little more level and works well for me. This is as solid as I can get the bike. Like I said, at first I was a little worried about it moving slightlyt but never had a problem in 5 years or so with the jack.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wrestled with this for 2 weeks after buying my bike... I dislike that some bikes come without center stands... Ugh.... Here is my setup with a HF yellow jack that works now... It takes a few tries using it and experimenting with placement to get it right and trust it ....

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sempervee looks like you just block the kickstand side with a 3/4" shim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts