Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have this little guy and it works fine.
I bought it last winter. Used it a bunch of times, a couple bike deals and had a slow leak on a site truck which it kept up with fine (42 pounds) until I got off my lazy butt and had it fixed. Not fast but none of these little fellas are. Doesn't bounce around a lot and you can roll up the 12 v cord and the inflation hose into the case so it stores cleanly.

I keep it on the Vic. It's a little bigger than the one it replaced but here's the deal. It has a built in digital gauge that comes off for hand use or not and you can preset pressure which is the hot setup for shock inflation. I checked mine for accuracy before I used it on the shock. I suggest anyone else do the same. Shocks ain't tolerant of over inflation. My Accugauge reads 10ths and at 30 pounds on the Sears the Accugauge was at 30.3 so I'm happy with mine.

It showed up on a sale site so I'm passing it along. I think I paid like 25 bucks during a winter sale and right now it's $18 before tax so I ordered a spare to keep in the Queens buggy.

Here's the link.

clickety click

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thanks Pop , just ordered 2 ! Good info here...cheers

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
That it stops at a preset pressure is a great feature, but looks to be a bit big. Does it lie flat at the bottom of a case? If so, that's a deal maker for me.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I got mine mainly for the wife and one of my girls... :D

·
Registered
12,318 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sits flat in the bottom of my hardbags but just barely. The way I have my toolroll and zombie apocalypse rations packed with it it's standing and the whole kit and caboodle takes up the rear third of one bag. Damn the zombies, damn them to hell.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Why are you schlepping food for zombies? They can get their own at meat markets, feed lots and morgues. For meals on wheels, there's Walmartians aplenty, but they require a lot of cleaning. But maybe zombies don't mind getting a pecker two of dirt with meals.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Shows up at $31.49 now.......

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Shows up at $31.49 now.......
Dang it! I think I would have bought one at the sale price.

While the Slime Kit compressor doesn't have the auto shut off at a set pressure; it's a good compressor. I don't use the Slime stuff; I just like the size of the compressor. Fits easily in any Saddlebag. I picked mine up at Walmart. They used to cost $10. Tires aren't the only thing inflating.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Slime-Roadside-Repair-Kit/14254132

1 - 11 of 11 Posts