Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to throw some $$ at my bike. I'm interested to hear what others have gone to for high quality tire replacement and seat upgrades.

I think I've decided to stay with a MC tire set for now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well so far for longevity the Dunlop E3's have been the best. I tried the Bridgestones and they grip a lot better, but don't get the longevity. So its a toss up of what you want. Just bought the new Metzler ME888's but don't have them on yet.

As for a seat I have an Ultimate. I would have bought the Mustang, but when I first bought my bike back in 12 Mustang said they weren't going to make a seat for the XCT. But now they do. The Ultimate is better than stock but its name is a little misleading. Its a fair seat. I had the Mustang on my Vulcan 900 and loved it.

Guess I should say I have over 43K on the bike now so I have some miles on it, the seat, and tires.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
at. I had the Mustang on my Vulcan 900 and loved it.
Just yesterday sold off my 900 Classic LT :(:(:(:(:( which had a mustang on it - really liked that seat.

I'll mosey over to their site and have a look at their XCT offering.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
I won't get into a tire debate, but when it comes to seats, there is NOTHING like going to a seat customizer and having it tailored to your butt and your passenger's butt. He'll put heat into it for you too. You will have your choice of cover material and colors.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I started this season off(if you could call it a start :crzy:) with new new tires and a customized seat.
I haven't put too many miles on yet but I went with a set of Michelin Commander IIs and so far so good.
I actually like the stock seat, so I decide to have it "tuned" instead of spending big dollars on a new seat. I had 1.5" trimmed off the ends of the hump, zero pressure foam at the tailbone section and dual density foam at the front and back seats. Again not many miles on it but so far it feels awesome. Cost: $212

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pain who did you have mod your seat?
I'm in Utah, don't know if we have seat modders here

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Time to throw some $$ at my bike. I'm interested to hear what others have gone to for high quality tire replacement and seat upgrades.

I think I've decided to stay with a MC tire set for now.
Avon Cobras are very good tires for the Cross Country Tour. You can order the correct front and rear from www.WingStuff.com
http://wingstuff.com/products/34751-avon-cobra-tire-combo-for-gl1800-goldwing?context=gold_wing_gl1800-tires

They sell them as a combo or separate. The wet grip is great and in the dry they are awesome. Wear is also very good.

For a seat try looking at the Ultimate seats, they are very well made.

www.ultimateseats.ca/

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
+1 Avon Cobras.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I dont know what kinda ridn you do but with a tour bike and I have one and I just burned up the roads in arkansas this weekend and then it was raining I would suggest you look at running darkside. then the seat you have stock will be very comfortable. My stock seat gave me monkey butt until I went Darkside. Now its very nice took a 8.5 hour ride to estes colorado 820 miles in one day. Me and the wife had no problems.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was going to have my seat redone by Mean City Cycles but they won't touch it because it is heated. :mad:

·
Registered
762 Posts
I put on a Russell Day Long Saddle and Commander II's and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
283 Posts
+ 1 on the Russell day long! GREAT seat!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Avon Cobras are very good tires for the Cross Country Tour. You can order the correct front and rear from www.WingStuff.com
http://wingstuff.com/products/34751-avon-cobra-tire-combo-for-gl1800-goldwing?context=gold_wing_gl1800-tires

They sell them as a combo or separate. The wet grip is great and in the dry they are awesome. Wear is also very good.

www.ultimateseats.ca/
Wondering how long until I need a new set. I've been riding my original tires since buying the bike and have 15,000 miles on them. Time? Probably. These tires look good, thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

www.ultimateseats.ca/
Thanks for the replies guys!

Does the XCT take the same tire sizes as the Wing?

On the seats, my bike is dropped an inch and I'm still on the balls of my feet. I need a seat to be very narrow in front. The Ultimate looks like it might work for me, the Russell not so much.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys!

Does the XCT take the same tire sizes as the Wing?

On the seats, my bike is dropped an inch and I'm still on the balls of my feet. I need a seat to be very narrow in front. The Ultimate looks like it might work for me, the Russell not so much.
The Victory Cross Country Tour uses the same tire size as the Honda Goldwing.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
I had balance problems with Ride-On. Worked OK at first, then didn't after a while. When I did a tire change, I discovered why, it was all over the sidewalls and rims. Went to Dyna Beads and things are smoother at all speeds.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts