Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I need to remold the seat on my XC Tour to help with tail bone pain. It starts to hurt me after about 60 miles. I live in Fort Myers Fl and am trying to find somewhere between here and Sarasota that remolds motorcycle seats so I can accomplish this. Does anyone know a place?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using motorcycle.com app

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I suggest looking at a Freedom Air or Airhawk R seat pad. Both of the are inflatable which will raise you approx 1/4-1/2 inch and are designed for people with tailbone pain.

This will get you through until you can find a seat customizer that you can take the bike to. This is the preferred method because they can fit the seat to you and you can test fit it while they are rebuilding it to make sure it's going to work for you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had my seat redone at MeanCity Cycles and they did a reshape and a tailbone channel. I my tailbone was numb after half an hour now I can ride till my tank is empty is keeps getting better as the seat breaks in.
I have also heard CycleOps does reshape. you may want to look into both of these places

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those mean city cycles seats look awesome. Unfortunately i do not want to have my seat remolded unless i am there to test it during the process. I think i am going to get a freedom air pad. It seems to have very good reviews on the cruisers where the airhawk has more sport bikes.

Thanks for the resources.

Sent from my MZ617 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Infamous, I think you are on the right track seeking a way to customize your OEM saddle - that's the way I went on my XR and previous bikes. Ain't nothing you, your bike and an experienced saddle customizer in the same place, making it fit you in every way. No mail order saddle maker can provide that no matter how many pictures of you on your bike you send him. What about how the saddle fits against your inner thighs? And the pressure points on your butt? As the work progresses, you can talk to the customizer about what you are feeling and he will alter it until it fits you perfectly. There will many posting how much they like the saddle they bought, but one size does not fit all or you. I hope you find one that you can ride to, even if you have to do an overnighter.

·
Registered
364 Posts
All you need to do is make the 2 hour ride over here to Hollywood and we'll get you all fixed up. There's a trick I've found on these seats to fix the apparently widespread tailbone numbing issue.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up purchasing an airhawk R. That gave me the ability to do 800 miles over 2 days for my trip to biketoberfest without any pain. That was a considerable increase over my previous 60 mile numbing pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts