Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to fit my PCV today, but when I went to remove the seat, things came to a halt.

From visual inspection, I can see three pointed screw heads poking into the rear guard. There are however no bolts evident in the actual holes visible from the top. The side ones are all but clear but I can see a silver something visible in the read bolt hole.

Taking it that some dropkick has stripped them off, I looked up the OEM parts fishe and saw they are 5mm BOLT-SEAT,HANDSTRAP
5134664. The picture looks like a hex or torq head. Anyone know what they are?

Anyway that aside I read the owners manual and it says remove the three bolts and pull the seat backward to remove.

Tried this and it won't budge. Is there any trick to the seat removal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Remove the passenger cowl. Then using a 5mm hex loosen the three bolts. You can't see the heads but they're down in the holes through the top of the passenger seat. The bolts are held in place with a metal guide so they don't come out of the seat completely. They'll probably fall out if you turn the seat over.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't see the heads but they're down in the holes through the top of the passenger seat. The bolts are held in place with a metal guide so they don't come out of the seat completely. They'll probably fall out if you turn the seat over.
Spot on. You sir are a champion! thumb up

Grabbed a 5mm hex and sure thing they are down in there. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts