Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how do I remove the stock seat off a 2016 Hammer S? The owners manual, which covers several different models, does not cover the Hammer on the seat removal page (page 72). Nothing on YT either. Maybe a single bolt underneath the rear fender, but I'd rather not guess. I want to hook-up my charging pigtail and the seat pan is right on top of the positive battery post.

Also the passenger cowl...just pull straight up to remove, or is there a process there too? Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, but no $5 for you...that is not a Hammer and I don't have those bolts. Also I saw that video prior to posting this thread. So...question still stands. Like I mentioned I really don't want to remove bolts/hardware unless its necessary, so really would like to know the exact procedure.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Do you have a solo seat?

This seat looks like it screws in behind the drivers pan and only hooks in the front of the saddle. If you have the solo seat I bet you need to remove the back panel to expose the bolts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Try to find the bolts description below ?

Seat Removal (HAMMER S)

WARNING! A loose seat could cause a sudden shift

in riding position, causing loss of control. Always

ensure seats are secure before riding.

1. Remove the passenger seat cowl by pulling

evenly and directly upward on both sides

of the cowl.

2. Remove the (3) socket head seat screws using a 5 mm hexagonal wrench.

############

Seat Installation (HAMMER S)

1. Slide the seat tongue into the receiver at the rear of the fuel tank. Align the seat screw

holes. Ensure the front seat mount is engaged in the front receiver, then install the

screws. Torque to 57 in. lbs. (6.8 Nm).

2. Reinstall the passenger seat cowl.

https://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=https://www.manualslib.com/manual/707805/Victory-Hammer-S.html?page=68&ei=FCHXMlLd&lc=en-ID&s=1&m=770&host=www.google.co.id&ts=1516495518&sig=AOyes_QDg-lMz0QRHrjq1y4QXzLgdDGfSg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts

Seat Removal (HAMMER S)

of the cowl.

############

1. Slide the seat tongue into the receiver at the rear of the fuel tank. Align the seat screw

holes. Ensure the front seat mount is engaged in the front receiver, then install the

https://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=https://www.manualslib.com/manual/707805/Victory-Hammer-S.html?page=68&ei=FCHXMlLd&lc=en-ID&s=1&m=770&host=www.google.co.id&ts=1516495518&sig=AOyes_QDg-lMz0QRHrjq1y4QXzLgdDGfSg

Andre using TaPaTaLk
So it appears I was correct.....meaning my Google fee still applies with the added eBay fee being that's where I found the pics.

That will be $7.50 please.

Lol!

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
So it appears I was correct.....meaning my Google fee still applies with the added eBay fee being that's where I found the pics.

Lol!
If you hop on a plane and come here, ill buy you a whole box of beer and a CCT to use for free, also my garden house is to your disposal.....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you hop on a plane and come here, ill buy you a whole box of beer and a CCT to use for free, also my garden house is to your disposal.....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
I would love to do that!

Just to be clear I was charging the OP, not you. I hope the offer still stands. Lol!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Seat Removal (HAMMER S)

of the cowl.

############

Thank You!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

LOL...I don't think so. But yeah the second post with photos were correct. Never would have thought that the bolts go through the seat surface itself and are under the cowl section. I don't understand why that's not covered in the manual. BTW...the Hammer doesn't have a solo seat...rather it has a rider/passenger seat in which the passenger section is covered with a removable cowl.

·
Registered
483 Posts
LOL...I don't think so. But yeah the second post with photos were correct. Never would have thought that the bolts go through the seat surface itself and are under the cowl section. I don't understand why that's not covered in the manual. BTW...the Hammer doesn't have a solo seat...rather it has a rider/passenger seat in which the passenger section is covered with a removable cowl.
I didn't realize about the seat. That got me thinking what you would do with the cover if you pick up a rider.

I ran across this and thought it was pretty cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Red

Looks better with the rear cowl mounted on the small windshield.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks better with the rear cowl mounted on the small windshield.
I agree.

I doubt if I had a Hammer I would ever have a need for it. I've never picked up a unplanned rider on my Vision so I don't see me picking one up on a Hammer.

I just thought it was interesting.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Translation...the windscreen looks horrible with those naked grommet holes.
If the plate is metal I would have to get a magnet graphic to keep on the plate when my rear panel isn't attached. Then when I need to attach it I could stick the magnet to the tank.

Or,

A custom paint job on the plate that hides the holes in the design.

Things are getting complicated. I think I'll just stick to Visions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts