Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Can anyone give me some info on getting the holes to line up on the seat on my cross country. I'm catching hell getting that thing back on

·
Registered
483 Posts
The bike and seat should have a hook and groove that fit together on the rear seat. Usually when you get those connected right the holes line up.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I feel your pain, as mine give me a helluva fight trying to insert the bolts. When the bike was new, and I was removing the bolts for the first time, there was so much resistance I thought I was going to shear them off. Once they were out, I took a tap to the holes in the frame and chased the threads - mo bettah! But the holes in the seat thingies would not align with those in the frame and starting the bolts was next to impossible. I got much longer bolts and ground their ends to a generous taper. The taper helps to align the parts and start the threads. I hope my solution helps you.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I usually have to push down on the seat to get it to line up. A 35lb toddler does the job too but they tend to leave a lot of finger prints.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Ensure there are no wires interfering at the rear where the seat tab goes into the hole. If the seat is the right place it will go on easy.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have troubles too at times. I think my left one is about snafu. I'm no NASA engineer, but steel into aluminium not a good idea. I think my next step is heli-coils.

·
12,983 Posts
I read here I believe that guys are using pins instead of bolts. After all the seat will not come off riding. The ball on the end of the pin will prevent it from coming out. I think its a good deal

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I would bet that there is some wiring or something getting in the way. Be sure you didn't leave a tool under there, and make sure your wiring, etc is all out of the way.
Can you take a pic with the seat off? Maybe we can see if something is out of place...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts