Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Future XC buyer here. I have ridden a 2010 XC and the wife and I loved it. I have gone to the Vic site and in looking around I see that the 2011 models do not offer the touring seat as offered on the 2010 models. I love the option of the trunk but I really wanted the touring seat. What is the deal? Did they make it standard or what? I definitely do not want the low seat.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
2010 XC/XR touring seat will fit a 2011 XC. It will also fit a 2011 XR if the XR has hard saddlebags; if the XR has leather saddlebags the wider seat (any seat except the OEM 2011 XR seat) will make it difficult to open the lids.

Corbin also builds seats for XC/XR; they may make a touring seat. Also there are numerous companies that modify OEM seats that could most likely make a normal seat into a touring seat that is much more comfortable than the optional one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
thumb up
Future XC buyer here. I have ridden a 2010 XC and the wife and I loved it. I have gone to the Vic site and in looking around I see that the 2011 models do not offer the touring seat as offered on the 2010 models. I love the option of the trunk but I really wanted the touring seat. What is the deal? Did they make it standard or what? I definitely do not want the low seat.
The cross bike have a very decent stock seat on them. I've ridden many miles with no issues. You may want to give it a chance before you go out and spend big money for an upgrade you may not even need.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The cross bike have a very decent stock seat on them. I've ridden many miles with no issues. You may want to give it a chance before you go out and spend big money for an upgrade you may not even need.
Ditto! This is the first bike I have had in a long time that I didn't feel the need to replace the stock seat. Time will tell though. Next week will be my first multiple day trip with my XC. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely plan on giving the stock seat a compoets try. I just liked the feel of the tour I did sit on.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I installed a Corbin after about 3k miles. I have had Corbins on many of my bikes and have come to appreciate the support they offer. Corbins are extremely firm or some might say hard as a rock but most find them very comfortable over time. My Wife prefers the corbin dual tour as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't know if it's available or not, But the seat that is on the C Ness XC is the most comfortable seat I ever sat on. It's soft, seems to set low, and has a high back that keeps you in the seat. It actually has a decent pass seat. I could do without the suede inserts, but I think the seat is what sold me. I am adding The backrest but I don't see any reason to ever change seats. I tried to find a price for one but couldn't find any.
Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the touring seat my wife was not comfortable on the stock seat after riding for a while still got a propad now she happy this is a must for me we are looking at doing entire blue ridge parkway by way of dollywood at her and my buddys wife then coming back up to pa :D looking forward to this trip got to keep her happy makes for a more pleasant ride oh I have the tour pack on my bike check you can get it at 20% off. so try a propad first might be enough my buddy has a corbin on his 03 vegas and it still is hard he wants to but the stock seat back on and been on since 2003 but his wife likes it better than the stock thus is why he suffers he will be taken his new xc on this ride

1 - 8 of 8 Posts