Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've looked at all the forums and other than Ultimate, Corbin and Mustang that make essentially stock replacements and Russell that makes more custom seats, that's it? No one makes anything that moves you back? Maybe up? That really sucks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have the Ultimate seat and I'm guessing it lifted me up about an inch. Pushing the brake and shifter pegs forward helped a lot.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
I got a stock seat
.. but 4" forward controls... should have gotten the 5" but at that time it was only available in black ... but with my bolt-on upgrades it is difficult to keep my feet on the pegs when full power comes on ... need a backrest... ha ha

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
John, where you at? If you're in a major metro area I guarantee there's an upholstery shop that does seat work. You can get anything you want there. I just did a quick Google search for the Phoenix area and 3 popped up, funny thing is it was 3 I didn't know about and the 2 I know about did not pop up :smile The only other option is Russell day long, Bill Mayer and Cobin. I've had a Mayer and Corbin on BMW's and they are awesome, well to me, your butt may differ :grin BTW, be ready to cut a big check for the latter 3.

·
13,172 Posts
So I've looked at all the forums and other than Ultimate, Corbin and Mustang that make essentially stock replacements and Russell that makes more custom seats, that's it? No one makes anything that moves you back? Maybe up? That really sucks.
what year and model bike do you have

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nothing for big boys

I am in the same boat. I need the seat rebuilt or a new one. I would like to go back 1-2" and up 1" That will work for me. I wish there was someone closer to the Chicagoland area that is good. There are many, but you always hear good and a lot more bad. I have had 2 seats rebuilt from local and they both sucked. I hate to spend the money, but Russell is so far the only one on my radar. Can someone enlighten me. Mean City does not work on heated seats, Ask them already.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You can talk to Rocky at Bill Mayer Saddles in CA. The story is that the father started the whole Day Long saddle technique and eventually sold it to Russel. The son, Rocky, has been doing it now for a few years since a non-compete ran out.

He did mine about 70k ago, and was a bit cheaper than Russell. I've got nothing but good stuff to say about the work and the experience. And it's comfortable for long, long days. With BMS, you do have to send in the seat so they can use the pan - unless things have changed over there. I was able to borrow a stock seat from a friend while mine was shipping back and forth.

Good luck

EDIT: I see now that BMS has already been mention. Consider me as a second good opinion on their work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started opening the seat to see the insides. I can already see that it's real thin in the ass area explaining why us bigger dudes bottom the seat out. The plan is to layer some more foam in that area. Once I get the whole cover off, I'll see if trimming the lower back area is an option as the pan has some molded areas that may make this tough.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
You can talk to Rocky at Bill Mayer Saddles in CA. The story is that the father started the whole Day Long saddle technique and eventually sold it to Russel. The son, Rocky, has been doing it now for a few years since a non-compete ran out.

He did mine about 70k ago, and was a bit cheaper than Russell. I've got nothing but good stuff to say about the work and the experience. And it's comfortable for long, long days. With BMS, you do have to send in the seat so they can use the pan - unless things have changed over there. I was able to borrow a stock seat from a friend while mine was shipping back and forth.

Good luck

EDIT: I see now that BMS has already been mention. Consider me as a second good opinion on their work.
Yup, I rode my BMW out to Bill Mayer, appointment only BTW....he stares at your ass, measures your ass and takes pictures of your ass :laugh it's weird I tell ya :grin then he builds the seat. Then he throws a plastic cover on it tells you to go and ride it. You come back and he asks you questions and does the adjustment. IMO, it's the best seat you buy if you're willing to pay for it and get it adjusted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts