Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recently acquired '03 V92TC came with the wrong seat - a Mustang model for the V92C, in addition to the fact one of the two previous owners completely removed the seat's rear mounting hardware from the top of the rear fender. Why, I have no clue, but the seat is just sitting loose on top of the bike, which means I will be getting a new seat asap. So, I see that both Mustang and Corbin are popular. It appears that Corbins are slightly less expensive plus you can move the backrest between seats if you get just one. And they have a variety of backrests whereas Mustang only has one size. Comfort of the seat will be the deciding factor, though. Has anyone used both brands and do you have a preference?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've always found Corbins to be more firm and really prefer Mustangs for comfort. But, Corbins tend to look a bit better on most IMO.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always found Corbins to be more firm and really prefer Mustangs for comfort. But, Corbins tend to look a bit better on most IMO.
Funny, this Mustang I've got seems pretty firm, but maybe that's because it's had a lot of use. Personally, I prefer the look of the Mustang, but I would go with Corbin if the comfort level were about the same simply due to the increased flexibility with the backrests.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Corbin=BRICK

BTW the only mounting point on the top for a TC seat is all the way at the back. TC gets a one piece that has a tongue to secure the front under the tank mount
Yeah, I was looking at the mounting instructions for the TC seat at the Mustang site and it looks pretty simple. I just need to order me up the missing mounting hardware for the top of the fender and I'll be ready for a new seat.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can someone comment on the relative comfort and quality of an Ultimate seat vs. Mustang? It appears they have the removable backrest, unlike Mustang.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have Mustang on my TC and it is very comfortable.A little on the hard side but molds to your butt and also has good back support.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I dont think so.......if I got rid of my seat I would have to ride on the fender

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol... that question was aimed at Tuck... but if any one DOES want to ride their fender, I'm looking for a mustang seat! Haha
A friend of mine has first dibs on it. I don't think he'll take it, though, as he wants to see if it'll fit his V-star, which I doubt it will. I'll send you a PM if it's up for grabs after that point, which will likely be next month after I can afford to buy a new seat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My recently acquired '03 V92TC came with the wrong seat - a Mustang model for the V92C, in addition to the fact one of the two previous owners completely removed the seat's rear mounting hardware from the top of the rear fender. Why, I have no clue, but the seat is just sitting loose on top of the bike, which means I will be getting a new seat asap. So, I see that both Mustang and Corbin are popular. It appears that Corbins are slightly less expensive plus you can move the backrest between seats if you get just one. And they have a variety of backrests whereas Mustang only has one size. Comfort of the seat will be the deciding factor, though. Has anyone used both brands and do you have a preference?
I had a Mustang on my last bike and it was a big waste of money. I think the reason so many people talk Mustangs up is that they spend 600+ dollars on something, so they HAVE to think it's great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a Mustang on my last bike and it was a big waste of money. I think the reason so many people talk Mustangs up is that they spend 600+ dollars on something, so they HAVE to think it's great.
Well, there's really nothing special about the one I have now, even if it's not quite the right fit for my bike. But all of the three aftermarket seat makers I'm aware of, Mustang, Corbin, and Ultimate, seem to be in the same price range. I suppose I should price the stock Vic seat before I make a decision.

What seat are you using now?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, there's really nothing special about the one I have now, even if it's not quite the right fit for my bike. But all of the three aftermarket seat makers I'm aware of, Mustang, Corbin, and Ultimate, seem to be in the same price range. I suppose I should price the stock Vic seat before I make a decision.

What seat are you using now?
I've got the stock seat on my Kingpin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts