Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally took a road trip on my Boardwalk and about an hour into the ride I realized my ass was numb. Needless to say ill be looking into a squishier rump rest. However, it seems like most of the seats from vendors mentioned on this site are for the XC and Judge and so on. Nothing listed for the Boardwalks yet..... quite disappointing. Anyone out there have any leads on a manufacturer that makes a seat to fit the BW?

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
If you are anywhere near a seat customizer, I think that's the best way to go. Your saddle gets tailored to your butt. BTW, if you're sitting on your wallet, DON'T!

·
Registered
530 Posts
My wallet isn't under my cheek so much as off to the side, not sitting on it really. Ya know? Long rides (over say an hour) i chuck it in my bag. But i hear ya on custom seats. Probably the route i'll take when the time comes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've been looking and haven't found one either. Probably with how few they sell, nobody will start to make mass produced ones. A custom seat is going to be your best option.

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is an old thread but it is much more interesting than an ad selling a boardwalk with out a picture, so I'll comment:

I think the Boardwalk is a beautiful bike that makes no apologies for being over the top. For a bike like this nothing less than a custom Corbin seat will do. I'm thinking tan Ostrich.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is an old thread but it is much more interesting than an ad selling a boardwalk with out a picture, so I'll comment:

I think the Boardwalk is a beautiful bike that makes no apologies for being over the top. For a bike like this nothing less than a custom Corbin seat will do. I'm thinking tan Ostrich.
Custom? Will they do that? Because.... I don't see a Boardwalk seat listing on their website.

·
Registered
483 Posts
My wallet isn't under my cheek so much as off to the side, not sitting on it really. Ya know? Long rides (over say an hour) i chuck it in my bag. But i hear ya on custom seats. Probably the route i'll take when the time comes.
About the wallet...even if you are not sitting "on" it...it stretches your pants tighter, allowing less room for your butt to settle into the shape of the seat. Not trying to be a know-it-all....but give it a try with the wallet out of hip pocket altogether.....jm2c

·
Registered
460 Posts
Custom? Will they do that? Because.... I don't see a Boardwalk seat listing on their website.
You know, I assumed that Seats can move across models because my highball seat will fit on a Vegas or kingpin or Gunner.
Who knew Ma Vic would come up with a bike that did not come from the parts bin?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yep ! our beloved Boardwalks have their own seat design, no other seat will fit from another Victory.

I was bummed to find this out last fall when I was looking for a replacement seat.

Still looking as the aftermarket does not have one as far as I can tell.

My seat needs a bit more cushion where my tailbone rests on the seat.
Short trips are not bad, but after 300 miles, by tailbone is sore.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yep ! our beloved Boardwalks have their own seat design, no other seat will fit from another Victory.

I was bummed to find this out last fall when I was looking for a replacement seat.

Still looking as the aftermarket does not have one as far as I can tell.

My seat needs a bit more cushion where my tailbone rests on the seat.
Short trips are not bad, but after 300 miles, by tailbone is sore.
I saw a 2014 judge seat on the Corbin website that might work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I saw a 2014 judge seat on the Corbin website that might work.
From what I see on Victory's OEM parts lookup . the seat looks similar is style, but the mounting tabs are not shown, and the front cutout for the tank may not be the same.
Will have to check at local dealer and see if they have any 14 Judges sitting on the floor, and ask if the seat will fit my Boardwalk.
$389.00 for the Judge seat is not what I want to spend on a may fit.
But still cheaper than the $437.99 asking for the Boardwalk seat, and with the price difference I could safely guess its not a direct fit.

·
Registered
460 Posts
From what I see on Victory's OEM parts lookup . the seat looks similar is style, but the mounting tabs are not shown, and the front cutout for the tank may not be the same.
Will have to check at local dealer and see if they have any 14 Judges sitting on the floor, and ask if the seat will fit my Boardwalk.
$389.00 for the Judge seat is not what I want to spend on a may fit.
But still cheaper than the $437.99 asking for the Boardwalk seat, and with the price difference I could safely guess its not a direct fit.
I just can't believe Victory would make a bike that does not have any parts that don't fit another bike. The retooling costs would be prohibitive for a company that manages its margin by providing options without raising manufacturing costs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts