Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Long time lurker - first time poster...

I'm looking for ideas on how to secure a smaller duffle bag onto the back seat of my 08 Jackpot. I have the nubs for bungees on my side trim but when I strap it to them it doesn't hold the bag straight and pulls it forward. If I turn it length-wise it's too long and hangs over the fender.

I have a smaller (fender) bag for day trips that has a slide lock buckle strap that slips under the front part of the rear seat (secures really nice) but it's too small for longer trips!

I'll probably end up getting a luggage rack ($$$) but I need some ideas for the time being.

Any pics or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!! cheers

·
Registered
336 Posts
when I had my softail I would strap a duffel down with one of those bungy webs that you can pick up at bike shops.

It had three hooks on each side and would not pull my bag forward or backward like a set of plain bungies would.

Maybe that will work for ya.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Bigseadaddy!

That's pretty much what I've settled with. I bought the smallest net but it could still be a bit tighter - might have to tie some of the squares together or something.

My next attempt with be to sew some of those slide lock buckles onto the duffle bag (like on my smaller fender bag) and see how that works...

I've seen some pretty decent setups in a variety of pics but just can't figure out how they've secured them to the seat!

·
Registered
336 Posts
before you do all that, I would really look at bikers friend

http://www.bikersfriend.com/

this looks good acts like a back rest on them long trip and I have the largest one they make and I can get two full faces and them some in it. I will be using it on the XR this summer when the fellas and I take off to Richmond for the Races.

We all ride and camp for three days! Blast!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would use the Bungy buttons and web bungy's...should do the trick...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Buzz, it's how the seat sits in relation to the few bungee points that make it a PITA to load gear on the JP.
When I opened the company that was one of the first things I wanted a solution for. Having whatever you strapped on ALWAYS pushing forward on me drove me crazy. THe first solution was to come up with fender struts that would allow me to bungee to them much further back than the standard ones allowed. These did the trick, letting me pull gear to the rear...

Both of these styles do the trick there, regardless of seat style or rack.

The second solution brought about the development of our billet solo racks and quick release driver backrest combinations. This rig allows you to use full size T Bags. Simply slip the pad pocket over the rest, and then use bungees or ties to secure the bag on the sides or the rear to the rack. Your gear is on and off in seconds without having a spider web of bungees to deal with. You can also quickly remove the backrest from the rack when you arrive if you like.

Also available for the Vegas and Kingpins in all derivatives.

Here's a link if you want to see many more pics and combinations of the many different styles to mix and match. http://www.cycleopsusa.com/custombillet.html#dr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts