Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Newyes Games and Trail Hunting Camera HQ 12MP 1080P #B01M4QUUH6. Total stealth, infrared flash so no visible flash, silent operation. High resolution photos and video. I've been testing it today around the house and the quality is amazing. I bought this as a security camera and from what I've seen it's going to do very well at that. I had a package taken from my front door a couple weeks ago and bought a WiFi camera but I couldn't get it to set up on the WiFi so I returned it and bought what I wanted originally, a game camera.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a completely wireless camera system made by Netgear. I have the Arlo Pro which come with rechargeable batteries. I can get notifications by email or text, hear, and speak through them on my phone. It also stores all videos online so there is no DVR to get stolen.

You can have up to 10 cameras on the system. If you want to camouflage them you can even get little ghillie suits for them. I have really enjoyed them.

http://arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-pro/default.aspx?cid=us-arlo-srch&utm_source=search&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=q317-us-arlo-search&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiLDMBRDFARIsACNmiX82gKrN7fwE-o9Ny-uLrQs-1g9AgGb8kYEaIhP1tf4waE6lUUaQTCEaAg0JEALw_wcB

They have a new one out that has wireless service so it can be used in the woods as a game camera to your phone. It's nuts what we have available now days.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
I have a completely wireless camera system made by Netgear. I have the Arlo Pro which come with rechargeable batteries. I can get notifications by email or text, hear, and speak through them on my phone. It also stores all videos online so there is no DVR to get stolen.

You can have up to 10 cameras on the system. If you want to camouflage them you can even get little ghillie suits for them. I have really enjoyed them.

http://arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-pro/default.aspx?cid=us-arlo-srch&utm_source=search&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=q317-us-arlo-search&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiLDMBRDFARIsACNmiX82gKrN7fwE-o9Ny-uLrQs-1g9AgGb8kYEaIhP1tf4waE6lUUaQTCEaAg0JEALw_wcB

They have a new one out that has wireless service so it can be used in the woods as a game camera to your phone. It's nuts what we have available now days.
NICE.... I like that... But I don't see any windows & door wireless alarms....

My parents just had a wireless system installed, all outer door and window & also a few Camera's

I think this is the way forward... And you can run it on 12 volt system so if your house would be disconnected from the grid then it runs on your Solar system... I will find the link and edit this post

This is a GOOD topic...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
483 Posts
NICE.... I like that... But I don't see any windows & door wireless alarms....

My parents just had a wireless system installed, all outer door and window & also a few Camera's

I think this is the way forward... And you can run it on 12 volt system so if your house would be disconnected from the grid then it runs on your Solar system... I will find the link and edit this post

This is a GOOD topic...

Andre using TaPaTaLk
I already had a wireless alarm with AT&T. It uses cell service and has a battery backup, not that it matters since I have a stand alone generator. I do have a camera with this AT&T system but it is slow in comparison to the Arlo system.

The Arlo cameras I added later. I was going to run wires for a regular system but having a one story house with a wide layout I was going to need a ton of wire to get full coverage and was dreading crawling all around my attic. I ran across Arlo and took the chance. It took less than 30 minutes to have the system up and running with four cameras. Now when I have some extra money I buy another camera which takes about 5 minutes to setup. I'll keep doing this until I have the 10 the system will support.

They are also releasing solar panels to power the cameras you have outside so you won't have to ever recharge them. I'm not sure if I'll invest in that. As they are they last several months before needing a charge.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I already had a wireless alarm with AT&T. It uses cell service and has a battery backup, not that it matters since I have a stand alone generator. I do have a camera with this AT&T system but it is slow in comparison to the Arlo system.

The Arlo cameras I added later. I was going to run wires for a regular system but having a one story house with a wide layout I was going to need a ton of wire to get full coverage and was dreading crawling all around my attic. I ran across Arlo and took the chance. It took less than 30 minutes to have the system up and running with four cameras. Now when I have some extra money I buy another camera which takes about 5 minutes to setup. I'll keep doing this until I have the 10 the system will support.

They are also releasing solar panels to power the cameras you have outside so you won't have to ever recharge them. I'm not sure if I'll invest in that. As they are they last several months before needing a charge.
We use Vivint in our home...which includes monitoring, climate control, electronic door locks, glass break sensors, motion detectors, and cameras. I have to agree with you on the Arlo system though, since we use that for my wife's workplace. I am thinking of adding some for home use just so I can keep an eye on more places at once.
+1 for Arlo

Skin

·
12,984 Posts
I like you get the biggest kick out of some fool is caught cause they think no one has a camera or two

·
Registered
483 Posts
I like you get the biggest kick out of some fool is caught cause they think no one has a camera or two
I had a courtesy apartment years ago. Basically it's a nice apartment for cheap or free in exchange for being their on call officer. Good deal for an apartment you normally can't afford but it seems the nicer they are the more drama they have.

Well we kept getting complaints of a dog urinating in the parking garage and it was smelling terrible. I bought myself a game camera and set it up over the area being violated. As luck would have it one night when I went to pull it and check my pics I see the violator with their dog peeing in the garage. I popped out and called them out but they started to deny it. You should have seen their face when I took my camera down an left saying "the office will be in touch."

Priceless!

·
Premium Member
430 Posts

Rechargeable Wireless Security Camera: Arlo Pro | Arlo by NETGEAR

That looks like a great system, but DAMN! It's a thousand dollars!!! For a grand it better come with weekly lap dances:laugh. All kidding aside security is worth every penny. I've been looking to add a wireless system so I'll take a look at the Arlo. Question...how long do the batteries last between charges?

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Home security systems and cameras that can be controlled and activated by your cell phone. If you can control it by your phone. Then someone else can too. Hell people hack in to government systems all the time. Do you ever wonder if the company it's self is watching you, your wife and kids.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Home security systems and cameras that can be controlled and activated by your cell phone. If you can control it by your phone. Then someone else can too. Hell people hack in to government systems all the time. Do you ever wonder if the company it's self is watching you, your wife and kids.
I never thought of that maybe my decision of a stand alone was the right one, the selling company requires you to use their app.

Spy

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Well, you know that camera on your tablet, phone, laptop? Those can be hacked. That's why I wag my weenie at it on occasion, if they're watching I should at least give them a show :devil :laugh

·
Registered
483 Posts
That looks like a great system, but DAMN! It's a thousand dollars!!! For a grand it better come with weekly lap dances:laugh. All kidding aside security is worth every penny. I've been looking to add a wireless system so I'll take a look at the Arlo. Question...how long do the batteries last between charges?
I watched eBay and got a new four camera system for $628.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Well, you know that camera on your tablet, phone, laptop? Those can be hacked. That's why I wag my weenie at it on occasion, if they're watching I should at least give them a show :devil :laugh
I keep the cameras turned off with black tape over the lens.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Your common burglary suspects aren't hacking cameras. And anybody that does is going to see the same thing they would if there were here. Nothing of great importance. If they can hack into my secure system I would be more worried about what they may be able to pull off a computer or tablet.

Cameras are more of a deterrent than anything. That's why I left mine the bright white without trying to hide them. They let turds know you take security serious and probably have other measures of protection as well like my alarm, two big dogs, and me with guns. Those things help them decide to move along to an easier target.

Each system has pros and cons. Wired systems can be worthless because it is easy to steal the DVR and take all the evidence. You could have it backed up online but now your back in the hacking issue. The only way to prevent this is secure that data in a safe or other secure lock box but most people don't. I just like the wireless system best and will take the risk of somebody hacking my system and looking at my koi pond.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
I was talking more about in house security cameras. I have friends that can monitor their house with their cell phone. Lock doors, control the heating and cooling. It gives them a alert on their phone when the house is entered etc... I have a monitored alarm system. I have a monitor that lets me no if someone enters my property. If no one is at home my front gate is closed and locked.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I won't trust a wireless system. My neighbor bought one I showed him how easy it was to hijack it, he sold it on CL and got a cabled system. I also have a sign on the door that says "Smile, you are already on video and in the cloud."

I feel secure between my security system which I put together myself from high end cameras ( not wireless, cabled so no hacks ), I have it set on my PC to text me when a sensor goes off. Plus the 2 dogs, an armory larger than the local PD, and the best security...a woman who is sleeping who does NOT like to be woken up. I would feel sorry for any burglar that jimmied a lock and interrupted her beauty sleep. They would be lucky to get out with their ears intact from the verbal assault and their throat uncut.

Love her, but get her dander up and she is one mean little dragon!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts