Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a million options and 3 million threads on hundred of forums about this topic BUT I was curious as to what you guys are doing about securing your new vics since there isn't a fork lock or any security option standard on the bikes.
I was thinking about one of the GPS options but I wanted everyone's opinion. I'm open to lock options (that are easy to use). I know most of the locks go through the wheel and attach to something else stationary but this kinda feels like I'm a kid again securing my bicycle to the bike rack.

·
Registered
257 Posts
what kind of bike do you ride? my 07 8-ball has a spot for a padlock on the forks right by the neck tube i just carry a key padlock on my belt and lock it when i need to, it looks BA too! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It WILL be a cross country on sat. I dont know if there is a spot or not. familiar?

I just know that in previous reviews, it was mentioned that there is no security present. The VTX i have currently has the normal fork lock.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sig Saur P220 and Mossberg 12 gauge!!:)
no doubt diamond has the answer, having lived in so.cal. you learn.

not to worry the " bad" crowd are too into stealin what all the bro's think are kool, and right now there still into harley , hopefully they will stay that way, if not ... follow diamonds lead

steve :p

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
maybe a little over KILL with my response?? LMAO!!!:D
Not at all....mine is protected by GLOCK! With extra magazine for good measure.:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good insurance

If they want to steal your bike, locking the forks will not stop them. I figure I pay insurance to recover from those who really want my bike. I never lock the Hammer or the Cruiser. Do lock the Vision only because locking the forks locks the glove box. Cross Country stays unlocked since there is no lock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Always use a disc lock when I park for overnights.

Has anyone seen information on engine guard chaps for the cross country?

My new XC was deliverd today and should be put together by tomorrow or Friday.

·
Registered
301 Posts
taures 9, browning 7mm mag, mossburg pump 12, if that dont work and dam good insurance pollicy :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Xena disc lock

I use a Xena disc lock that has a motion sensor & alarm on my new Xroads. Squeals like a greased pig if you move the bike, and it is LOUD!!!. Make sure you have the internal battery compartment properly seated or it arm, trip & re-arm itself everytime you touch it. I thought mine was broken until I realized one of the tabs wasn't quite in its notch. A pair of ear plugs is also helpful while you are figuring it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts