Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, love my Judge so far, but I am concerned over the lack of security on the bike. Every bike I have ever own had a steering lock except the Judge. No steering lock to discourage someone from just pushing the bike away. So I am curious, what do other owners do to protect their ride? Are all the Victory models this way & if so what is done to discourage a theft? We all know that if someone really wants to steal something they will & all we can do is keep honest people honest.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I just put a Digital Guard Dawg in from the group buy on this forum. Love it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ok, love my Judge so far, but I am concerned over the lack of security on the bike. Every bike I have ever own had a steering lock except the Judge. No steering lock to discourage someone from just pushing the bike away. So I am curious, what do other owners do to protect their ride? Are all the Victory models this way & if so what is done to discourage a theft? We all know that if someone really wants to steal something they will & all we can do is keep honest people honest.
I lock my steering using the loops Victory put on the head and lower triple tree for just such a purpose.

m

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Throw a disk lock on if you're really worried about it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ya i was wondering the same thing a week ago, disc lock is where i'm going...maybe with a low voltage gps tracker combo...thought hard about the guard dog that was posting here last week too though.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Martlet, that is not a steering lock. You could potentially use the hole but there is no spot on the triple tree to lock to without a chain or other device. A factory unit would have a key to lock it in place or some other integral item.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Martlet, that is not a steering lock. You could potentially use the hole but there is no spot on the triple tree to lock to without a chain or other device. A factory unit would have a key to lock it in place or some other integral item.
I know that isn't a steering lock. As I said, I have one. That's why I suggested if he wants a "lock", he should get a disk lock.

It's easy and will solve his problem. Here's hoping he doesn't forget about it and try to drive off. That could be pricey.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I got an Australian delivered 2013 Judge and it has a steering lock as standard.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
There is no Victory model with a steering lock.
Not a current model.
I too have an Ozzie Judge & mine has a steering lock as standard so I think you must be mistaken WilCon76.. :nanana:
American bikes do not come with the steering lock, Aussie and most European bikes do. Why? I don't know.

Steering locks are ALMOST worthless. Do a quick search on YouTube and you will find where someone broke one in less than a minute by pushing on the bars with his feet.

Personally my theft deterrent is insurance since there is no way you could prevent someone who wants to steal your bike from stealing it. If I was worried about it I would get the Roadlok. It's a lot more expensive than regular disk locks but since you can't push the bike at all you don't build up enough momentum to damage your bike if you forget it and try to take off.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts