Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a PCV map for an XC with stock cams; the Lloyds high flow air filter; and victory 210 performance slip ons. Would be extremely grateful to anyone that might have this map built on a dyno.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i have a couple maps that should work, not dyno maps though, doubt you will get one of them, mine have been tweaked with my auto tune i have a12 xc, thrush packs, no cats , lloydz filter, timing wheel at 8 degrees, pcv w/at.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Dyno maps are pricy! ;)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i have a couple maps that should work, not dyno maps though, doubt you will get one of them, mine have been tweaked with my auto tune i have a12 xc, thrush packs, no cats , lloydz filter, timing wheel at 8 degrees, pcv w/at.

Just curious, did I see you mention getting your bike dyno tuned? You have the AT so did the AT come before dyno or after? Just wondering why one would do both. I know the AT is not as good as a good dyno operator but from what I gather the AT is good enough.

I could be thinking of somebody else...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If you buy your PCV from Lloydz, he'll include a map at no charge. I emailed and asked, that's the route I'm going which should get me real close then I'll go with the AT from there.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i put mine on a dyno once last summer just to see what it had, thats why i got rid of the vfc and went to pcv. i do have auto tune, but what most dont understand is you still need either a good map or good af numbers to set. it doesnt just set itself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PCV Map

My XC has the Lloyds AF, Lloyds IAC valve, PCV w/autotune. Dealer I bought it from told me it was Stage 1, and it has the Vic 210 slip-ons. I downloaded the closest config map from the Powercommander website.

Not sure which ECU flash it has? Local dealer has suggested I flash the ECM, for $200.

email reply from Dynojet tech assistance:

"Popping on decel is very common on Vtwin applications with open exhaust. Sometimes you can tune it out and others not so much. On this bike the ECU shuts the injectors completely off on decel so no matter what you do with the PCV it will not effect it. "

I have read that the autotune only works above 2500rpm (which may explain why I still get popping & the odd backfire on decel (usually at 3000 and below).

I am soon going to installing the Lloyds timing wheel & 1/4 throttle ring.

I hope to try and reduce or remove the popping & backfiring on decel.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
My XC has the Lloyds AF, Lloyds IAC valve, PCV w/autotune. Dealer I bought it from told me it was Stage 1, and it has the Vic 210 slip-ons. I downloaded the closest config map from the Powercommander website.

Not sure which ECU flash it has? Local dealer has suggested I flash the ECM, for $200.

email reply from Dynojet tech assistance:

"Popping on decel is very common on Vtwin applications with open exhaust. Sometimes you can tune it out and others not so much. On this bike the ECU shuts the injectors completely off on decel so no matter what you do with the PCV it will not effect it. "

I have read that the autotune only works above 2500rpm (which may explain why I still get popping & the odd backfire on decel (usually at 3000 and below).

I am soon going to installing the Lloyds timing wheel & 1/4 throttle ring.

I hope to try and reduce or remove the popping & backfiring on decel.
Very likely you have an exhaust leak. Click the first link...if you haven't read it already.
http://lloydz.com/techtips.asp

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very soon, Dynojet should have a map on their website that will make you very happy.
It is for a XC with LLoydz air filter and Bassani slip ons (guessing they flow close to yours).
The map is quit different than the one on their website with the high flow air filter.
Bonus: No decel pop!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maps

Dtimmil sent me some maps which helped me get started still some poping in low gears but sense Victory shuts the injectors off when you close the throttle that is to be expected to some extent. Firefighter you show Autotune in Sig. have you tried to use it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gents

Thanks for your replies.

I have retorqued all of the exhaust and downloaded a Dynojet map for a XC with Vic high flow, stage one, and vic performance pipes....have been out for a couple hour+ rides, accepted the trims ..... very little popping now, however it now seems to be a lot quiter and feels as though I have lost some torque on the lower end?

Hoping my Llyodz timing wheel and 1/4 throttle arrive this week as everything I have heard has been positive about these mods.

Once I get this sorted out I am quite willing to share the new map with anyone who might like a copy.

Dez

1 - 13 of 13 Posts