Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is still 3 feet of snow on the ground but I did see some riders today three Harleys and one Yamaha.
Is anyone else in Canada riding yet?
I will wait until the snow is gone as I cannot justify riding through the melt water on the roads and getting the Jackpot covered in salt.
wac

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ya Miles I saw a bunch out today. Lots riding around in the city and a few on some on the TWP and RRoads even. A bit too slick out there for me yet. I pick up my scoot on the 15th so I hope it melts fast!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've seen about ten guys so far this year up here in Ft McMurray. Pretty early for this guy, lots of sand on the road still. Our snow is melting fast, wont be long.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was in Ft. McMurray yesterday and seen a guy riding and his bike was covered in mud from the snow melt. He was riding down Thickwood Blv
Imagin the amount of salt mixed in with the mud. :ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ya I have seen a lot out that are all covered in road grime. I am scheduled to pick mine up next week....the roads out there are good as of today but I wont be riding it much farther than home to my garage. Most of the streets are dry but the few "melt rivers" crossing the roads are what worry me. I will wait a bit longer!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been riding since april 1. Great riding weather. Guess Winnipeg winters aren't that bad!- no snow left, really.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was in Ft. McMurray again today and there was no snow left and the roads are dry.
Not bad for being 500 Kms north of here and we still have lots of snow on the ground melting. :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's melting fast tho miles. We will be out soon!
I was out spending money today....the sooner I get the bike and start riding the sooner I won't be bored and out spending money! The chrome accesories are calling my name....I will post uprades in my signature when I am done!
I was out in your neck of the woods today at TJ and the Bear. I got a new jacket from them. Great people and service for those looking for clothing etc.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
cheers
It's melting fast tho miles. We will be out soon!
I was out spending money today....the sooner I get the bike and start riding the sooner I won't be bored and out spending money! The chrome accesories are calling my name....I will post uprades in my signature when I am done!
I was out in your neck of the woods today at TJ and the Bear. I got a new jacket from them. Great people and service for those looking for clothing etc.
I put the linbar on and the ISO flame grips on this winter. The Linbar took about 1/2 hour to install (very easy instalation). The grips were a pain in the a%#. See my progress. http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4535&highlight=grips. All good now just can't wait to try them out.cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
She's a great lookin scoot miles! I hope to see you out on the highway soon....we can admire each others rides! LOL.

·
Registered
75 Posts
LOL....Don't rub it in bud!
I will pick mine up on either Thursday or Friday depending on work. I hope it stays warm this week and we will be pretty close to regular riding.
Talking with the guys at Elk Island it sounds like there are a few of you guys from Ft. Mac who have bought new rides. Your 8-Ball and a couple Highballs have been sold all to Ft. Mac guys!
Is there a local Victory Riders group around here? I would like to be able to stay in touch with other Vic owners.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lol, rub it in?? I've been polishing the drool off mine since the start of march when I brought her home. I'm due.
I don't know of any Victory clubs around here. There's a bunch of us up here with bikes and there is alot of talk about planning some rides. I'll let ya know when something comes up.
PS, say hi to Don at Elk Island, and let him know the jacket fits perfectly. Haha. They are great there, friendly and tons of help.
I'm excited for ya to get yer bike, You must be stoked.
Cheers
Fixer

·
Registered
75 Posts
I will definately say hi to Don for you! If all goes well I will go out Thursday after work to grab it. But....I have heard possible snow flurries forecast for Thursday and Friday.....I sure hope not.

If you do ever end up heading this way on a ride please let me know...I will gladly join in if there is room in the pack!

·
Registered
75 Posts
The forecast here for Thursday/Friday is up to 20cm of snow......god will it ever end!
looks like I pick her up NEXT week. GRRRRRRRRR........

·
Registered
93 Posts
So I had to turn the bike around in the garage last night to make room for a buddy's Nomad and I figured the best way was a lap around the block. SaaaaWheat!!!! The roads are bare and dry and the forcast looks promising for the weekend. If all goes well I'll be out. Wooooo!!!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The weather is warmer in Ft. McMurray and the snow is all gone but in Edmonton it snowed today and tonight. Expecting more snow Saturday and Sunday. How can this be when Ft .McMurray is 300 miles north of Edmonton.
:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts